AT&T TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You mean aside from AT&T's Osprey box? Isn't that Android?

Yes it is and it is so odd that it works well on ATT’s box but they won’t release an app for other AndroidTV powered boxes. I don’t think there’s even a leaked apk of the app so you could sideload.

Yes it is and it is so odd that it works well on ATT’s box but they won’t release an app for other AndroidTV powered boxes. I don’t think there’s even a leaked apk of the app so you could sideload.

Yeah, that is weird. As a open systems engineer, I would naturally tend to gravitate towards Android, but there are some really big gaps in streaming app availability which makes it less attractive than something like the AppleTV.

Yeah, that is weird. As a open systems engineer, I would naturally tend to gravitate towards Android, but there are some really big gaps in streaming app availability which makes it less attractive than something like the AppleTV.

Yes, currently AppleTV is the only box out there that has apps for all streaming services officially, though FireTV also has all of them if you count sideloading of Peacock and HBO Max.

I’ve got both an AppleTV4K and a FireTV Cube (2nd gen). I would normally prefer the AppleTV over the FireTV if it wasn’t for a couple things. Top of the list is the sucky remote. And since I use a FireTV Recast OTA DVR it is just handier to use the Cube for everything.

Yes, currently AppleTV is the only box out there that has apps for all streaming services officially, though FireTV also has all of them if you count sideloading of Peacock and HBO Max.

I’ve got both an AppleTV4K and a FireTV Cube (2nd gen). I would normally prefer the AppleTV over the FireTV if it wasn’t for a couple things. Top of the list is the sucky remote. And since I use a FireTV Recast OTA DVR it is just handier to use the Cube for everything.

A number of people have recommended this as a alternative remote for the AppleTV:

True. I hate voice interfaces, so it wouldn't be a problem for me, but it would be useless to those who like them.

I don’t hate them, but it would be nice if the voice interfaces worked the same on all the apps officially supported on a device.

Notably missing all too often is trick play commands. Works in some apps, doesn’t in others. And that seems to hold true regardless which streaming box you use.

Can anyone tell me if I buy another box from someone else is there a monthly for another box?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts