AT&T Unlimited Plus - $25 D* Discount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nvguy38

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 30, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Does anyone know if you lose the $10/mth combined bill discount when you switch to this new unlimited plan? I'm considering it as it would save on my wireless bill each month but I'm somewhat concerned about the 'no stacking' disclosure in the video discount terms. I would think the discounts are different and so I would benefit from both...but not sure what AT&T considers to be stacking discounts. I realize even with losing the $10 combined discount I'm saving money with the newer $25 discount, but I think I should still get both. Any experience with this yet?

All advise welcome :)

Does anyone know if you lose the $10/mth combined bill discount when you switch to this new unlimited plan? I'm considering it as it would save on my wireless bill each month but I'm somewhat concerned about the 'no stacking' disclosure in the video discount terms. I would think the discounts are different and so I would benefit from both...but not sure what AT&T considers to be stacking discounts. I realize even with losing the $10 combined discount I'm saving money with the newer $25 discount, but I think I should still get both. Any experience with this yet?

All advise welcome :)

The guy at the AT&T store told me all other discounts go away when you sign up for the $25 unlimited + DirecTV discount. The only exception is the military discount. At first I thought I would still save money as my FAN discount is only like $13, but the extra cost of the new unlimited plan makes it cost about $10 more a month after the $25 discount. I only have 2 lines, which contributes to the problem. Also, it takes 3 billing cycles for the discount to show up, so you are paying $25/month extra in the mean time.

So, I could pay $10 more and essentially add tethering to my already unlimited account, but, based on my usage, I am probably better off getting the 25GB plan for about the same price as I am paying now. At least we don't have to worry about overages any more.

Losing my FAN discount puts me about even with the plus plan cost. I have 3 lines so the cost is equal plus about .20 cents. The sucky thing for me is I already have AutoPay setup but I use a CC, so I wouldn't be eligible for the extra $10 off for AutoPay. You have to use a debit card or checking account.

I wonder if that rep you spoke with was talking about the discounts on the ATT side? I believe the only requirement for the combined billing discount is to have....combined billing. For me, it looks like an extra $25 even with losing my FAN discount. I might have to think about swapping plans. Would also gain the tethering option.

Something to think about for sure....

What is the FAN discount your talking about ?

FAN is short for Foundation Account Number, which is a discount available to employees and associates of many organizations, usually people get the discount through their employers.

Losing my FAN discount puts me about even with the plus plan cost. I have 3 lines so the cost is equal plus about .20 cents. The sucky thing for me is I already have AutoPay setup but I use a CC, so I wouldn't be eligible for the extra $10 off for AutoPay. You have to use a debit card or checking account.

I wonder if that rep you spoke with was talking about the discounts on the ATT side? I believe the only requirement for the combined billing discount is to have....combined billing. For me, it looks like an extra $25 even with losing my FAN discount. I might have to think about swapping plans. Would also gain the tethering option.

Something to think about for sure....

He was only referring to discounts on the AT&T side. Any DirecTV discounts you are currently getting will continue unchanged, although switching to combined billing is always fraught with risk if anyone decides to go through that. My guess is the combined billing discount they used to offer would go away in favor of the new $25 discount, but who knows?

He was only referring to discounts on the AT&T side. Any DirecTV discounts you are currently getting will continue unchanged, although switching to combined billing is always fraught with risk if anyone decides to go through that. My guess is the combined billing discount they used to offer would go away in favor of the new $25 discount, but who knows?

Ah I was wondering about that! I have couple discounts on my directv account, I would have hated to lose those.

Yah, I switched to combined billing way back when it was first offered and went through the mess that entailed. It was a nightmare to straighten out because I lost my Free HD for-life-as-long-as-you-have-AutoPay discount. To this day, they admit the discounts do not play nicely and so my Free HD discount has to be added manually every. single. month. Thank goodness I signed up through Costco and benefit from their VIP support (who would've thunk it?)!! I might shoot them an email to see if I keep all existing DirecTV discounts plus the $25 discount should I hop on board the Unlimited Plus train.

Reactions: rgsatguys
I talked with my att contacts today about my cell package and it turns out my discount is worth more than that plan ... I'll stay where I am.

My new house is going to have gigabit fiber internet from AT&T, so I had already planned on dropping DIRECTV for a streaming option. Got excited when I found out the new unlimited plan would get me $25/month off DTV Now...until I found out I'd lose my 17% FAN discount, which made it not so great a deal. Now I've started switching my 4 lines from AT&T to Cricket which will save me $50/month, and I think I've decided on Sling for TV which has most of the channels I want for the best price and will save me about $100/month compared to DIRECTV.

32898578914_5f1067f109_o.png

Discount showed up this week. DirecTV and ATT accounts *NOT* combined, same billing address.

Reactions: IcEWoLF
What does Costco VIP support offer vs DIRECTV customer service??

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app
They resolve my issues that apparently DirecTV is unable to resolve. The main one I keep having issues with is my Free HD discount tied to auto-pay. DirecTV cannot make it work but Costco can....different line of support with better resolution capabilities that don't require escalation. That's how I'd describe it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)