AT9 Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phallus

Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
I am close to Lafayette,La,no local yet,using winegard gs2000,got it for free when i was with Voom, DISH MOUNT WM200 with 8 anchors (2x3/8 L from Lowes)
PS.I install it my self

Attachments

• DSC00751.JPE
    DSC00751.JPE
    10.9 KB · Views: 220
  • DSC00752.JPE
    DSC00752.JPE
    11.7 KB · Views: 227
  • DSC00753.JPE
    DSC00753.JPE
    11.4 KB · Views: 206
  • DSC00754.JPE
    DSC00754.JPE
    11.2 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC00755.JPE
    DSC00755.JPE
    11.6 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC00756.JPE
    DSC00756.JPE
    11 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
looks good...im getting mine done this saturday...i cant wait...had a HD tv for three years and it never saw HD on it...

My install is coming March 2nd or 3rd. Installers a bit confused over when to do this. It was supposed to be Monday but the date never got in their system. I called D* and separated the H20 receiver from the Dish installation. I purchased the H20 at Best Buy and installed myself.

I normally do my own stuff but thought best to get professional installation of this new dish since it was free. No programing yet in my area but I want to be able to flip the switch when it does rather than wait like I am now. Method to the madness.

phallus said:
I am close to Lafayette,La,no local yet,using winegard gs2000,got it for free when i was with Voom, DISH MOUNT WM200 with 8 anchors (2x3/8 L from Lowes)

The OTA antenna is mounted too close to the dish. You'll be getting multipath reflections off the dish.

You'd be much better off mounding the antenna to the back of the house on an eaves mount or on a tripod on the roof. If you are not experienced with roof mounting, the eaves mount is the answer.

Mike500 said:
The OTA antenna is mounted too close to the dish. You'll be getting multipath reflections off the dish.

You'd be much better off mounding the antenna to the back of the house on an eaves mount or on a tripod on the roof. If you are not experienced with roof mounting, the eaves mount is the answer.

So far,i have no problems with OTA,got 5 HD channels and 6 SD.

If the OTA is coming from the direction off the backside of the dish there should be no OTA interference problems. The dish is too close to cause actual multi-path, a chunk of metal a few feet away from the OTA antenna may only cause a multi-path delay of a few nanoseconds, not enough to notice. If the OTA antenna is looking through the dish there could be some blockage or pattern problems, especially on UHF.
Bob.

I'm assuming that that's a splitter for the OTA, and not a diplexer.

It appears that he didn't bring all 4 feeds from the dish out the arm. Not too big of a deal- it's just going to be a minor annoyance to anyone who comes out to install additional outlets at your residence. Whoever that is, they'll probably have to realign the dish when they do it.

Otherwise, it looks like some nice work!

benj said:
I'm assuming that that's a splitter for the OTA, and not a diplexer.

It appears that he didn't bring all 4 feeds from the dish out the arm. Not too big of a deal- it's just going to be a minor annoyance to anyone who comes out to install additional outlets at your residence. Whoever that is, they'll probably have to realign the dish when they do it.

Otherwise, it looks like some nice work!

The OTA got Terk spliter,from Circuite City,one side DC up,for amplifier,i waiting for
HD,DMA #124,this year or next year?Than i will install the cables back to AT9.

I install it my self,11 OTA stations from Lafayette,Opelousas,and Baton Rouge.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

San Diego vs. Los Angeles

New at9 Install Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)