New at9 Install Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tff17

Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
I am getting the new dish and a new HD-DVR installed on Saturday and have a few questions. I currently have a SD-DVR that will be replaced. I have 2 cables running to the DVR with the OTA feed running through those cables, to the diplexor just before the DVR. I have the OTA feed running directly to my HDTV.

WIll I be able to use the 2 cables for both satellite feeds and my OTA feed for the new HD-DVR. I have read something that made me believe that I could no longer run the OTA feed through the same cables. Is this the case. Will I need a third cable run to my new HD-DVR (I plan on using the attenna for my local HD stations until the new HD-DVR is available). Thanks for the help.

Directv will be installing my AT9 next saturday. :up Since I have the oval dish and coax about 8-9 years old....would it be to my advantage to swap out the existing coax with some solid copper coax? The existing coax is probably copper clad steel. Or is new coax part of the installation of the AT9? :confused:

If new coax is included how much is allocated to each install? 100 feet or less? I think my run is around 50' or less from the rec. to the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts