AT9 Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jammer

Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
Can the DirecTV AT9 dish be used to receive FTA channels. The dish is listed with specs of 29.5"x25.9". If it can be used, can it be mounted with a motor.

Thanks guys

if you retrofit the LNB to a KU it might be able to work. Little on the small side (27" or so) but it shuld work on the stronger stuff after the LNB gets changed out

Jammer said:
Can the DirecTV AT9 dish be used to receive FTA channels. The dish is listed with specs of 29.5"x25.9". If it can be used, can it be mounted with a motor.

Thanks guys
No, their LNB is difference with the regular ku LNB.

Can you suggest the best LNB to use on this (NY/NJ area)

Also, how does the CaptiveWorks 600S receiver compare to the Dream receivers?

Thanks

I'm looking to pick up some channels on G10R and a few of the other Galaxy feeds. Can this dish take a motor?

should be able to. I dont know what kind of pipe the AT9 uses but it may be bigger than the standard motor pipe (which is 1 5/8")

The mount on that dish is BIZARRE (saw one up close for the first time last week), I can't see it installing properly on a motor. Might be able to swap the mount from either a D* or E* standard dish though, not sure if the holes on the reflector would line up.

That dish is manufactured by Andrews BTW...

Last edited:
approx wight is 35 pounds for one of them at9 dishes, so at least an hh120 motor, if you're willing to try.

Status
Please reply by conversation.