Atlanta Aquarium

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

sampatterson

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Marietta, GA
Took my 2 3/4 year old son to the new Atlanta Aquarium today (it officially opens tomorrow). It was amazing. If you are in the Atlanta area or travel there it is worth the trip. You can see everything in a couple of hours so great for small kids also.

Walked past it two days ago (saturday) after going to the Coke museum (was visiting a friend in Atlanta). This aquarium is supposed to be incredible. The biggest in the country, I think.

KyDave said:
Walked past it two days ago (saturday) after going to the Coke museum (was visiting a friend in Atlanta). This aquarium is supposed to be incredible. The biggest in the country, I think.

one of the biggest if not biggest in the world

KyDave said:

Were you as disappointed in the Coke museum as I was? It reminded me of the Simpsons episode when Homer went to the Duff Brewry tour! The coke "history" was so lame and the guide got flustered when I asked about the soda's early ingredient back in the 1800s:cocaine.

And no samples!

59allstate said:
Were you as disappointed in the Coke museum as I was? It reminded me of the Simpsons episode when Homer went to the Duff Brewry tour! The coke "history" was so lame and the guide got flustered when I asked about the soda's early ingredient back in the 1800s:cocaine.

And no samples!
What do you mean "no samples"? The last time I was there they had an entire room for sampling. They must have had 40 different beverages to try.

StevenD said:
What do you mean "no samples"? The last time I was there they had an entire room for sampling. They must have had 40 different beverages to try.

thats the way it was last time i went as well you got to taste different drinks from all over the world

59allstate said:

And no samples!

Ha! Duff tour. I thought the same thing while I was there. Can't say that I was disappointed, though (although my expectations were rather low). I kinda rushed through it, though (we were going to watch UK/UGA game at a bar). They did have two tasting rooms, one for domestic and one for international stuff. One particular one from Italy was particularly nasty.

seriously, no samples when i was there. they funneled us all into some replica soda fountain shop. but no free "pop" as we call it here in pittsburgh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)