Atlanta OTA 11-1

LOBO2999

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2004
Cumming, GA
Ok this is to anyone that gets OTA channels in Atlanta GA . Channel 11-1 use to come in at 85 to 88 % as well as all of the OTA channels but in the last 2 weeks 11-1 has drop so far down it has gone from 65 to now 22% single strength and it does not come in at all , I have check the cables and everything I can think of and still the same , is it the channel itself? Is anyone esle having this problem? All of the others ones come in fine.

Thanks!

More than likely it maybe them, have you rescanned to see if Gannett has or is working on pairing it up with the MyTV network they have there as well? Gannett may have moved it unless they are having technical issues.

More than likely it maybe them, have you rescanned to see if Gannett has or is working on pairing it up with the MyTV network they have there as well? Gannett may have moved it unless they are having technical issues.

Tried the rescan an nothing and I get myatl in great ;

I just did a rescan on my Tvs internal tuner and I can now get 11-1 but I tried it agian on the HD Tivo and still nothing . Very strange

The digital tuner in my DirecTV tuner can scan in my ABC 31-1 but the TV doesn't. I got to talking with someone about that, in my case I sit in a valley and reflection is an issue to a degree. The reflection maybe shutting down the chip inside concerning the reception of the digital signal. Somehow or another the reflection issue shuts it down. It may not be your case though. I find it to be strange though.

I have had no problems with Atlanta OTA 11-1, and get between 98-100% on my Dish 622. I live in Stone Mountain and use a separate VHF-Hi antenna. If you are trying to get 11-1 with a UHF-only antenna (i.e. Channel Master 4228), I think Cumming might be too far out for reliable VHF-Hi reception with a UHF-only antenna (11-1 transmits on Ch. 10 and will stay on Ch. 10 after analog shut-off).

Yes I am using the 4228 but I can get these channel on my internal tuners that are in My Tvs , I used to get this channel for as long as I remember , I really feel its something going on with the HD Tivo becasue it doen not come in on either one of them.

I have had no problems with Atlanta OTA 11-1, and get between 98-100% on my Dish 622. I live in Stone Mountain and use a separate VHF-Hi antenna. If you are trying to get 11-1 with a UHF-only antenna (i.e. Channel Master 4228), I think Cumming might be too far out for reliable VHF-Hi reception with a UHF-only antenna (11-1 transmits on Ch. 10 and will stay on Ch. 10 after analog shut-off).

I forgot about them broadcasting on ch.10. :eek:

I'm not having any issues with 11alive. I can get them with my Mits internal atsc tuner, with my VIP622 tuner, and with my JVC HM-DT100U's digital tuner. I'm down at Macon, on the west side and get 11 and 43 pretty much around the clock, most of the rest after dark, and 21 and 42 sometimes. I have gotten 57 only once. I'm using a Winegard Deep Fringe VHF/UHF/FM antenna with an Amplifier. I think you are probably right with the TIVO's tuners, probably being the culpret.

Al

The digital tuner in my DirecTV tuner can scan in my ABC 31-1 but the TV doesn't. I got to talking with someone about that, in my case I sit in a valley and reflection is an issue to a degree. The reflection maybe shutting down the chip inside concerning the reception of the digital signal. Somehow or another the reflection issue shuts it down. It may not be your case though. I find it to be strange though.

I'm guessing you have an H20-600. They have the LG chipset which is much better at handling multipath and is more sensitive.

You most likely were having multipath problems..It has been windy. gsuting winds move the trees and the towers causing the signal bounce off a different structure before it gets to you. I have rotor just for those days. I also have HD locals from Dish too for comparison.

I have tried to turn the rotor and I still cant get anything on that channel through the HD Tivos but have no problem getting it through my internal tuners. I do how ever thank it is a multipath problem inside the HD Tivo if this is the case how can I fix it? Other than reformatting the HD

Channel 11.1 OK in Dallas, GA

I have no problems with OTA using a DB4 w/7777 pre-amp feeding a Mits WD62725 internal tuner or any of several D* models of receivers. I can not get FM or cell reception w/o outdoor antenna at my house in 30157 due to elevation issues (live in a hole). We'll see soon how this works on the HR20, or at least I will when I get selected for the tuner turn on download.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)