Atlanta Thrashers moving to Winnipeg

Just found out that the Atlanta Thrashers are moving to Winnipeg, so Winnipeg gets a hockey team again. The Canadians love there hockey and here is one more reason, Winnipeg has a team.

Im not a big hockey fan but when I think of the NHL, I dont think of Atlanta as a NHL hotbed.

Most others don't either...

That said, I didn't think it would go well in HOT cities either , but is has went very well in Dallas and Tampa and Florida (Miami I think).

Coyotes and Panthers should be the next to go. Move one to Quebec City and the other to Hartford.

Long live the Whale!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

Does this mean that Phoenix stays for another year ?

You would have thought that they would have moved BACK to Winnepeg, but I think they are trying to work out the details in Phoenix.

Coyotes and Panthers should be the next to go. Move one to Quebec City and the other to Hartford.

Long live the Whale!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys
I would love both of those. The Bruins had intense rivalries with both!

As long as the Flames don't move back to Atlanta. :)

Yep.............hey Jimbo, MAYBE now the Red Wings can move to the Eastern Conference where they belong! :)

GM Ken Holland has been talking for several years about the Wings trying to get back in the Eastern side of things.

Hell, it would be like a vacation for the Wings ..... the lack of travel would be awesome, they would be able to get rid of RedBird 2 !
Maybe re-brand it for the Tigers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)