ATSC mod on TV2?

Extremely doubtful - Program providers do not want you to be able to copy or re-transmit ATSC (DRM).

IOW, never.

That being said, you might be interested in the ViP722-sling.

I heard somewhere that adding an ATSC TV-2 COAXIAL modulated output would easily double, if not triple, the unit cost of the Dual Tuner.

I doubt Dish would be very interested in sinking that kind of green into every HD Dual tuner.

Maybe if they went to 60 month contacts or something, but that wouldn't be practical.

Quite possibly true, ATSC modulators are neither cheap, not inexpensive.

The broadcast industry is trying to stifle this one.

Dish is likely to have a solution, probably based on the new Slingbox Pro HD technology and something like the Slingcatcher. Or maybe they could do something QAM based. But I don't think we will ever see true ATSC modulation on a Dish box.

Dish needs a solution for this pronto. Not only are many households getting multiple HDTVs, but (if it hasn't happened already), SDTVs may lack NTSC tuners, messing up the TV2 functionality for SDTVs

Dish must implement sling catcher in their VIP series of boxes.. that's key to doing anything useful with sling.. and the 722s isn't a good idea.. should have been an option for all vip boxes..

this is one of dish's biggest faults.. creating new boxes constantly with different software on them.. it leads to their inability to adapt and grow the software as quickly as they should..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts