ATT Wireless Sub, Switching from Dish to Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I had a rep tell me yesterday if I combined my wireless and DIRECTV I'd get a 2 year lock in price and my 2nd year would be the same price as the first year.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I got this without having to combine billing. The reps told me all that mattered is the service address for both services needed to be identical.

We got Directv installed on Monday, and we like the service. But the Genie receiver is a step backwards from the Dish Hopper for integrating with OTA television channels. My wife had a big problem getting to the OTA channels and subchannels that we like to watch. There was no easy way to get back and forth between the two, and I don't like requiring two remotes, bringing up menus, making choices, etc. On Wednesday I ordered the Harmony Companion from Amazon, and it was delivered yesterday. Within 1/2 hour it was programmed to make the switch between satellite and OTA with one button on the Harmony, and open on the channel she likes most for each. Hats off to Logitech for their Harmony product. :bow

I'm sure there are many more useful features in Harmony. Maybe someday I'll try integrating it with my Alexa to do voice control for changing channels.

I just checked my latest bill, I get the following credits:
- Auto Bill Pay $5.00
- Combined billing discount $10.00
- AT&T Unlimited Plus HBO Credit $17.99
- AT&T Unlimited Plus Video Credit $25.00
So that's $57.99 in monthly credits for basically doing nothing. Except for the crappy customer support that AT&T has I'm liking the merger based on the money I'm saving.

I just checked my latest bill, I get the following credits:
- Auto Bill Pay $5.00
- Combined billing discount $10.00
- AT&T Unlimited Plus HBO Credit $17.99
- AT&T Unlimited Plus Video Credit $25.00
So that's $57.99 in monthly credits for basically doing nothing. Except for the crappy customer support that AT&T has I'm liking the merger based on the money I'm saving.

DIRT folks aside, it isn't like the customer support gets great marks at Dish. I do with the Genie were more Hopper-like, but not dealing with Rovi guide problems, etc. is pretty good IMHO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts