Status
Please reply by conversation.

Timeclock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 24, 2010
tenn
I have a DIRECTV_R15-16 SD dvr and it is getting old. I see on DTV web site that their HD DVR is listed as $00.00 with no contract, I would like to upgrade but I don't want to add the HD package or install the HD antenna right now. Will the HD receiver work with my SD programming? ( I want to convert over to HD one piece at a time)

It will work, but why wait to convert? Why one piece at a time?

Sounds like if you go to HD they will make the change for free .... since his quote showed 0.00 for HD recvr.... I would take them up on it as the old won't work forever.
Fwiw, there is no HD fee anymore, it's just a package price he is part of.

Fwiw, there is no HD fee anymore, it's just a package price he is part of.

NOT if he's on an older package price, where it's never been included...a client of mine who's been on Premier since when the DVR fee was FREE, was STILL having to pay the HD fee (& $3 whole house fee)...which is one of several reasons why she dumped D* & went to a Comcast TV/Internet double-play.

Reactions: pattykay
Well it didn't work out, I placed order by shopping cart, it was no charge except for S&H and taxes for $31.50 which I had no problem with BUT when I got the bill via email a few minute later it was almost $200.00 so I canceled the order. Well if it sounds to good to be true------------

NOT if he's on an older package price, where it's never been included...a client of mine who's been on Premier since when the DVR fee was FREE, was STILL having to pay the HD fee (& $3 whole house fee)...which is one of several reasons why she dumped D* & went to a Comcast TV/Internet double-play.
VS moving to a package that included it all ...

I except the blame for not understanding the conditions by which the offer was made. The zero dollar price was for the whole package (receiver, dish, installation) but with a HD package. The ad showed nothing of this, just the zero dollar price and I even checked the " self installation" option. Well it was a learning experience and I thank you for your help and input on this matter.

VS moving to a package that included it all ...

Which actually does NOT always save $$$ over (at least some) older pkgs, since those so called "all included" pkgs start out with a higher base price, to "make up" for those separate add-on charges...which also include charging for the 1st receiver, which has NEVER made f'ing sense; OBVIOUSLY you HAVE to have at least ONE receiver to have ANY kind of D* service. :rolleyes:

Which actually does NOT always save $$$ over (at least some) older pkgs, since those so called "all included" pkgs start out with a higher base price, to "make up" for those separate add-on charges...which also include charging for the 1st receiver, which has NEVER made f'ing sense; OBVIOUSLY you HAVE to have at least ONE receiver to have ANY kind of D* service. :rolleyes:
I'm thinking all the fees are Collusion, they talk with the other providers and decide what they and the others can get away with charging, thus creating more monthly money for them.

Fwiw, when I changed from my long time package to the newer package, it was the same price and gave me a few more channels ... keep in mind that wasn't the ALL Inclusive ones.

Could you just cancel and sign a new 2 year agreement to get the built in savings and new hardware?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)