Attention 625 Owners

Gee, they might take part of the VOD portion of the HDD to make it generally available. Sounds like repartitioning. There are products that do this just fine, no lost data. Of course, the easiest way to do it is to reformat the HDD and that means .........
I wonder how many warnings you'll have to "Okay" and "I agree" as they repeat over and over that "you may lose your recordings..." ??

One of my 522s has a 625 hard drive and indentifies itself as a 625 on the system info screen. I guess this box could grow too?

I have never bought any of those VOD overpriced movies.

I just realized that my receivers are the 522 receivers not the 625 ones. I always thought that they were pretty well the same thing but now that the 625 receivers are getting the upgrade and the 522 receivers aint it makes me want to sell them and buy 625's or just go ahead and get a 622. I done tried getting a 622 but got ripped off by someone on this site.

I hope you have protected them or they may get wiped out.

I had finales from a couple shows in May that I was going to watch before their premieres this week and when I went to watch them the other day, they were gone. I didn't protect them, so I don't know if that would have made a difference in keeping them or not. Since i've never gotten to less than 5 hours of recording time available, I don't know if those shows were wiped out to make room on my hard drive to download some more DISH demand features that I don't watch or buy.

I babysit all my DVR's everyday to make sure everything is okay.

I have a 625. They need to fix the issue of missing satellites from the last update before they enable this feature. (Sorry, I needed to vent.)

This is way cool. Before I went HD to the 622, I always had to move things to DVD+R. 50% more storage would help alot!

Am I going to have to erase all of my recordings so the disk can be reformatted?
I really need the extra storage with the new TV shows starting up, but that is
going to make it even harder to erase my disk. I want more storage but I
don't want to delete what I already have.

Mark

After reading the Charlie Hack thread just now I'm not a happy customer. They decide to reprogram the 625 unit for more drive space and I now (under an 18 month contract) get the luxury and honor of getting hosed an additional $30 a month? This is certainly not something that will make me wish to continue with Dish at the end of our contract. That tard has to be clean out of his mind.

:mad:

Per your post on the Charlie Chat...

They mention that the 612 will be coming soon for new customer and will have an update in the near future.

The announce that the 625 hard drive will be increased from 100 hours to 150 hours effective October 17th (hey didn't I post that here the other day?)

For current customers if they erase everything from their hard drive then their drive will reformat within the next day to give them the extra space.

The price of the 625 will go up in Dish'n it up by $30 since they are getting extra hard drive space.

Unless I'm really not reading that one there right I see me getting hosed. We signed for an 18 month commitment ie contract with Dish recently at a set price. Or does the above only apply to new customers now?

It's a one time fee to lease the 625 with the dish n it up promo. Whatever the price was it will now be $30 more. (again one time fee)

Per your post on the Charlie Chat...

Unless I'm really not reading that one there right I see me getting hosed. We signed for an 18 month commitment ie contract with Dish recently at a set price. Or does the above only apply to new customers now?
Thats a one time fee to purchase a 625 via Dish'n It Up, not a monthly fee.

And if you already own / have the 625 you can get the extra space by deleting everything off of your hard drive and letting it sit for a day (the drive will reformat with the expanded space) (This is what they said on the chat today) :)

Scott,

After reading the Retailer Chat Recap (Thanks for taking the time to do do the recap) E* stated that you have to delete everything off the drive and wait a day for the disk to reformate to gain the extra space.

My parents have a 625 and like me (622) there really is no way to do this. Even If we could use a USB drive on the 625 there really is not a time where something will not be recording for 24hrs.

Can't they just use the other partition and not reformat the partition size?

Ken

They could re-size the existing partition but it's not 100% fail-safe. I've done it many times with PartitionMagic on Windows systems with no problems, but I understand I *might* lose everything. Tools exist for Linux filesystems that do this too but I guess they will not accept ANY risk of losing customer's recordings. As I mentioned either earlier in this thread or in another thread, make the customer agree that they might lose data multiple times.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)