Attn DirecTV: Yankees Fans in Upstate NY can not see some games

Status
Please reply by conversation.

darrencp22

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
Lockport, NY (Buffalo Suburb)
Upstate and Western New York is part of the Yankees home market. We can see most of the games on YES Network. However, some games are on a NYC local station called My9 (WWOR). There is no way for us to see these games. If you have extra innings, the game is blacked out because we have to watched it locally (which again, we cant).

I please ask DirecTV to find a way to get us the MY9 games for those who are in the Yankees market who do not receive that channel. I would think it is possible because they do carry My9, but only in the NYC area.

Are you saying that your local MyNetwork affiliate doesn't carry the games?

BTW, DirecTV has nothing to do with this. It's a MLB thing.

I watch those games on DiSH Network Superstation WWOR. Also the Mets on Superstation WPIX. And then there is WGN America HD. The Sports Leader seems to have everything else.

Back a few years b-4 D11 was launched, when MLB-EI had the HD games on channel 94-96, we used to get the MY9 feeds on one of those channels. This was great since I'm in Yankees home market, but out of the spot beam for channel 9. Now when ever the game is on MY9, the MLB-EI channel for the MY9 feed is blacked out. But when it's on YES, you get the mirror of 631 on the MLB-EI channel in the 700's. Why can't they do the same for MY9??

So you would rather watch it on the NYC station than your local?

You still dont understand. It is not on a local.

Yankee games are on 2 networks

- YES -- carried throughout the yankee market
- My9 -- specifically a NYC only station and can not be seen throughout the market.

As a result I can not see games on My9. There is no other option.

thats the way it is.
the twins are on 2 networks
fsn north- carried throughout twins market
my29- specifiacly a msp staion and cannot be seen in northern mn.
twins games on sundays are always on my29

so anyone that lives in twins territory in northern mn can not see the twins on sundays

- My9 -- specifically a NYC only station and can not be seen throughout the market.

Here in CT the local MY9 channel does carry the Yankee games. Maybe if you bug your local MY9, they will also.

darrencp22, the others are correct, you don't have it correct. The other MyNetwork stations in the Yankees market can carry the game. There was a petition from many in Eastern Ct very early on, and channel 59 here then carried the games. Same as the Mets being carried locally on Channel 20 in Ct.
Contact your local MyNetwork station and see why they don't carry it.....

P.S. - I shouldn't even help you - I'm a RED SOX FAN.....:p

P.S. - I shouldn't even help you - I'm a RED SOX FAN.....:p

Well see, all the more reason why we should make sure that the games are available to every yankee fan so they can watch their team get beat by the red sox!

I wouldnt worry to much about watching yanks games especially this weekend as you'll only see a BUTT WHIPPING!!!!

GO BOSOX!!!! ( and every other team that plays the Yanks!!!)

I like the old days (1970's) NY Channels 5,9 and 11 were on EVERY cable system upstate

Well there is one more option. I did watch the Yanks on My9, through TWC Sportsnet 13 the other night. However, the game on Wed night was blacked on on ESPN. on Dish. It makes no sense.

I wouldnt worry to much about watching yanks games especially this weekend as you'll only see a BUTT WHIPPING!!!!

GO BOSOX!!!! ( and every other team that plays the Yanks!!!)

Why is "old Pappy" going eat another bowl of steroids again, so he can figure out to hit homers again?:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.