Attn: Hitachi Projection TV Owners w/Voom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

slick1ru2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
The South
I have the 57S700 and recently followed others advice here and changed the output resolution to 1080i. You hit the red button under the door in the front until the top line is lit. This upconverts even the SD channels to 1080i. And, if you are like me, you don't like Hitachi's edge morphing. Actually, I was very dismayed at how bad the Hitachi 540p/1080i unconversion looked when I first got it. The awesome HD picture is the only reason I kept it. Anyway, this smooths out the picture and makes it look similar to ESPN's SportsCenter on ESPNHD.

It's funny how sets handle the upconversion so differently. I've found with my pj that leaving it on Auto works best. Even though my pj does not have a great scaler, the SD images seem to look best if I let the pj scale them from 480i.

I think my sammy upconverts to 540p or takes a 1080i signal. I set the voom box to 1080i and let the moto box do the conversion.

I had my Voom box set to 720p since that is my native res on my Sammy DLP. I experienced a white horizontal line at the top of all my SD channels. I went ahead a switched the Voom box to 1080i mode and the problem went away.

I am using the DVi connection too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)