pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
You gotta love that Boston has WON 2 World Series in 4 Years.... dont ya? LOL

Let's go RED SOX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to Boston Red Sox on winning the 2007 WS (Sweeeeeep)

The Yankees still have some weapons. If they cn ever manage to get off toa decent start they will difficult to catch. I am a very happy Red Sox fan today but I am realistic too.

First off congrats, but until you do 3 in a row or 4 of 5 !! That number doesn't compare.

Those numbers are before the curse was shifted to NY. Fon't worry though it only has another 83 years to go.

And now A-Rod announced a few minutes ago he is now a Free Agent!

Looks like the Yankees are falling apart :)

Another way of looking at it is that the Yankees are finally showing some fiscal responsibility - I think the offers they made to Torre and A-Rod were fair.

The question now is whether anyone will want to play there with Torre gone and the Yanks no longer willing to spend way more than market value to get players...

The one to Torre was just so the yankees didn't have to fire him, instead the cut his salary in half and tell him take it or leave.

Actually the Torre and A-Rod are both good moves... Head in a different direction both have been with the club for three years and similar results. Time to move on in another direction. Posada will be signed and Mariano as well. It will be interested what they will do with the free money from both Torre and A-Rod. I think they should go and sign Hunter and make him your every day center fielder. Do not pick up Abreu's option of 18M. Let him go. A third basement on the market this year is Mike Lowell. Try to pull him away from Boston and get some decent starting pitching. With Kennedy, Hughes and Chamberlain, they have 3 a top of the rotation. It will be good if Pettite could stay for one more year. But it looks like he is heading for retirement. The free agent market this year will be huge and lots of lots of players.

The one to Torre was just so the yankees didn't have to fire him, instead the cut his salary in half and tell him take it or leave.

I agree that they probably knew he wouldn't take it, but let's get the facts straight. He made $7.5M this year and they offered him a $5M base (more than half) with incentives that would take it to $8M (more than he made this year) if they won the World Series, which is really what managing the Yankees is all about, right? And something, by the way, that he hadn't done for a long time, by their standards.

He even said the reason he did not take it was because he wanted another year - I don't think it was the money that was the problem - at least not all of it.

A third basement on the market this year is Mike Lowell. Try to pull him away from Boston and get some decent starting pitching..... The free agent market this year will be huge and lots of lots of players.

Mike Lowell would be a classic example of what the Yankees have done in the past, but what (it seems) they are trying to get away from: spending big money for a name who is probably not worth what they would have to pay to get him. You are talking about a guy who is coming off of a World Series MVP performance and who probably will not maintain his current level of production much longer.....

And I'd be shocked if anyone is going to get any good starting pitching on the FA market this year - I'm not sure where the "lots and lots" of players comment is coming from, but I don't think they're pitchers.

Speaking of the Red Sox winning the World Series, where is that thread where someone posted that a furniture store promised free furniture if the Red Sox won the WS?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)