Attn: NY Yankees Fans

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Actually the Torre and A-Rod are both good moves... Head in a different direction both have been with the club for three years and similar results. Time to move on in another direction. Posada will be signed and Mariano as well. It will be interested what they will do with the free money from both Torre and A-Rod. I think they should go and sign Hunter and make him your every day center fielder. Do not pick up Abreu's option of 18M. Let him go. A third basement on the market this year is Mike Lowell. Try to pull him away from Boston and get some decent starting pitching. With Kennedy, Hughes and Chamberlain, they have 3 a top of the rotation. It will be good if Pettite could stay for one more year. But it looks like he is heading for retirement. The free agent market this year will be huge and lots of lots of players.

Tigers picked up Rentaria today from Atlanta, could Arod be going to Atlanta ? probably not, they can't afford him...
A-rod to California has been rumored lately.
Torre was mentioned to possibly be going to the Dodgers.

With all the money the Yankees save on A-Rod and Torre they should try to find some quality starting pitching.

Jimbo

I agree that they probably knew he wouldn't take it, but let's get the facts straight. He made $7.5M this year and they offered him a $5M base (more than half) with incentives that would take it to $8M (more than he made this year) if they won the World Series, which is really what managing the Yankees is all about, right? And something, by the way, that he hadn't done for a long time, by their standards.

He even said the reason he did not take it was because he wanted another year - I don't think it was the money that was the problem - at least not all of it.

He also didn't like the idea that they didn't respect his tenure... mentioning that he'd been there for 12 years, 6 ALCS and what 4 Championships and NOW he has to work on incentives ??????

Jimbo

Mike Lowell would be a classic example of what the Yankees have done in the past, but what (it seems) they are trying to get away from: spending big money for a name who is probably not worth what they would have to pay to get him. You are talking about a guy who is coming off of a World Series MVP performance and who probably will not maintain his current level of production much longer.....

And I'd be shocked if anyone is going to get any good starting pitching on the FA market this year - I'm not sure where the "lots and lots" of players comment is coming from, but I don't think they're pitchers.

I would not be at all surprised to see Mike Lowell in Detroit next year, maybe.

Jimbo

It was almost like the Rockies never even showed up.

For game one no argument. But game Two wasa one run game. Game three started out 6-0 went to 6-5 and finished at 10-5. Game Four was 4-1 and they closed it to 4-3 and there was a well hit ball in the ninth. It was no '75 series but there were close games.

He also didn't like the idea that they didn't respect his tenure... mentioning that he'd been there for 12 years, 6 ALCS and what 4 Championships and NOW he has to work on incentives ??????

Jimbo

I'm not necessarily saying I agree with it... but from the Yankees' perspective, it's all about winning NOW. Yes, he has 4 titles, but when was the last one?

Also, don't underestimate the fact that their archrivals have won two since that last one... they felt like they had to do something.

I'm not necessarily saying I agree with it... but from the Yankees' perspective, it's all about winning NOW. Yes, he has 4 titles, but when was the last one?

Also, don't underestimate the fact that their archrivals have won two since that last one... they felt like they had to do something.

Thats fine that they DID do something, I just thought the way it went down was poor.

Also, whats all the crap about A-Rod and the timing of his announcement, that was not a good thing either, but the Yankees purposely dragged the Torre issue out to be during the Indians / Sox series.

Jimbo

Thats fine that they DID do something, I just thought the way it went down was poor.

Also, whats all the crap about A-Rod and the timing of his announcement, that was not a good thing either, but the Yankees purposely dragged the Torre issue out to be during the Indians / Sox series.

Jimbo

I agree - plenty of bad timing to go around... although the World Series was so boring, they needed something to talk about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts