Status
Please reply by conversation.

rocket69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2008
On Your Roof!
OK hear we go..

Ive done about 9-10 installs for 58 sky and customer already had receiver. get the signal and works like a champ. Had a new person call me to do the install in socal and they clame that the sky tech from the house in Baja said that bolth receivers need to be hooked up to the same dish in order to work... another dish pointed at 58 wont work..

Is there any truth to this as I have done many b4 and never had a problem, has sky gotten smart and lock the receiver to the lnb/switch??

Well i guess is safe to asume not many if any have installed sky from this forum.. I gess il find out next week and post my results.

OK hear we go..

Ive done about 9-10 installs for 58 sky and customer already had receiver. get the signal and works like a champ. Had a new person call me to do the install in socal and they clame that the sky tech from the house in Baja said that bolth receivers need to be hooked up to the same dish in order to work... another dish pointed at 58 wont work..

Is there any truth to this as I have done many b4 and never had a problem, has sky gotten smart and lock the receiver to the lnb/switch??
ay

If you have a subscription to Sky mexico, with 2 receivers, that boxes must be wire-linked, joined together, from one room to other, of course, you can keep one receiver and put the other one to your neighbor...and share costs.;)

But hardly you can use one in mexico and the other in Los Angeles:p...
Inspectors regularly check if the receivers stay in mexico.

O wow since when have they been doing this?? past setups have been working fine with one dish in one location and one at another not linked to each other .

So now you say they run cable from dish to main box then from the main box to the rest of the boxes in the same house??

O wow since when have they been doing this?? past setups have been working fine with one dish in one location and one at another not linked to each other .

So now you say they run cable from dish to main box then from the main box to the rest of the boxes in the same house??

I ask a fried, has been sky-installer since 2000, that link (serial data db-9) applies to RCA thompson receivers (no for motorola or Pace models). He think that sistem has at least 10 years old.

Yes, one receiver is named master and the other slaves. Installers make phone call to sky offices to register boxes serial numbers.

Wire-link send a signal for check if the slaves are connected to the master, if link is interrupted, so tv signal reception fail only in slaves.

As I know they uses lnb with multiple outputs (no loop out).

o wow good to know hope they dont bring back the RCA model as im gessing your saying the motorola pace models might not have the link

wonder if the cards are maried to the reciver or if i can just slam one into a UK pace model or humax and get it to fire up for their subed services.. they just want to go to mex and back without having to remove and reinstall recver in bolth locations

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts