AU9S Mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dlloyd

Original poster
May 29, 2007
I have an old Directv system that was installed 12 years ago. It was one of the RCA systems with a single LNB. I getting ready to purchase a H20 and AU9 slimline and wanted to know if the AU9s will mount on the same diameter pole as the original.

The dish is mounted on the outside of the second floor of the house, due to trees. I wanted to see if the mount would have to be replaced before proceeding.

Thanks.

I have an old Directv system that was installed 12 years ago. It was one of the RCA systems with a single LNB. I getting ready to purchase a H20 and AU9 slimline and wanted to know if the AU9s will mount on the same diameter pole as the original.

The dish is mounted on the outside of the second floor of the house, due to trees. I wanted to see if the mount would have to be replaced before proceeding.

Thanks.

No, the poles are a different size. www.solidsignal.com has an adaptor that can be used to convert the older style, but I don't know how well it works.

I think the weight of the Dish would be too much for your old mount. I wouldn't chance it and would go with the proper mount.

Doesn't the AU9 require extra support or did that change with the slimline?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)