audio channels on 4DTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gpat

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
Dont remember what sat it was but a few months ago I ran into one that had a great selection of audio. Dont remember if it was C or Ku band either.
Any thoughts as to where it was?

OH and BTW these were FTA
I dont see these listed in the 4DTV sat listing

I tried to open that to see if its been updated since my last visit,12/28/07,which I printed out,but the file wont open.
I can only find R4 which is listed as 4DTV sat for location 105*W.
I cant get tuner to work on R4 as its KU and Im guessing by the listing on Lynsat that all these audios you speak of are C band.

I dont see "W5" on my sat chart for my 920.
I have W6 and W4 but no W5.

DCP_0187.jpg

DCP_0188.jpg

gpat, you may need to go to G1 channel 3 and do an unplug/reboot of the system for the maps to get W5 into the system? 922's will usually get changes automatically, but the 920's need a little push? Good Luck!
Note: it will show up between R4 and F1....

Voom thanks I did that and it never refreshed the sat map.
Wonder if I need a hit to do this?
I dont have a sub to anything right now on 4dtv.
I do get the DC lock and I know the dish is tuned properly.

yea Ive got it set to that and have been watching it.
Its been on zero.
I really dont want to do a MR,never had to before
I think Ill call NPS and ask them for a hit.

got a hit from NPS they showed me how to check the TDT count and he said it was 1920
there may be a chance I can delete a few Sats from the map but he said same thing...
may need to do a MR.Scary stuff for me as it takes me so long to program anything.

The Transponder definition table (TDT) is maxed out, you must do a master reset, the TDT count does not depend on how many sats you have programmed, your TDT count should be 1724, it may have gone down now as Motorola removed some transponders from the maps.

Get Sat Info BEFORE doing Master Reset

Before you do a Master Reset, You may want to go through your satellite settings and write them down.

Get the Actuator Count and H and V skew for each sat.
Makes it a whole lot faster to get back up and running again.

I had to do one to add W5. It was in my map, but it wouldn't let me add the sat because the TDT was maxed out.

Before you do a Master Reset, You may want to go through your satellite settings and write them down.

Get the Actuator Count and H and V skew for each sat.
Makes it a whole lot faster to get back up and running again.

I had to do one to add W5. It was in my map, but it wouldn't let me add the sat because the TDT was maxed out.

thanks for reminding me
Ive got the entire tutorial on doing a MR that I printed out years ago.
I guess Ive dodged the bullet up till now.
I should have done one when I changed the 8.5 to a 10 ft and had to reprogram the positions.

You also have to reprogram your positions if you change actuators on the dish ( to a different model )

Yeah, I remember the first time I did a Master Reset ..............

Since then I record my settings before doing one :)

I used the same actuator on the 10 ft as I did on the 8.5.
I didnt even unhook the wires,just swung it to the side.
But the positions changed due to the differences in geometry
and being a larger dish.
I wish that the info could be DL to a puter and re programmed.
Im trying to prolong the inevidible but can one of the generics I have
in the map be used for the time being.
I have 8 generics that I put on the map.Maybe thats what put me over the top.

Also remember on a Master Reset, wherever the dish is pointed to will be set (defaulted) at "5000" count. Meaning if you are on G3 @ 95.0w, it will be set at "5000" on G3. Most people do the Master Reset while on G1 @ 133.0w, and I think it's the location recommended? And that would put the count at "5000" on G1. But, it really doesn't matter? Good Luck

Did a master reset on my dsr-905 and had to re-program everything down to "lnb type" etc.

Get the TDT count cleared out and w5 will magically appear when you get a new map. Be sure you are on G1-3 with good signal.
And yes , remeber the skew setting so you can be sure to peak the signal.

yep going to try it this weekend
I think Im going to take pics of alot of settings before I do this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)