audio channels on 4DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
got a check list chart printed up.
I read that eliminating certain sats from the
map will help keep the TDT count down.
Now looking back at my notes I think the audio I was referring to was on X-4
but now that everything is transferring over to W5 Ill just redo map to include that.

I don't think deleting sats will lower the tdt count since they are not really deleted-they are just out of view from your menu.

I am prettty sure only a master reset will clear the tdt.

Correct using all satellites in the menu or just one will do nothing to the TDT, now programming a ku-band tile on a Star Choice satellite then you will have a problem.

I don't think that many know this but right now there are 2 sets of channel maps for the 4dtv. One is on the X4 and W5 HITS channels and the other is on the prermium movie channels. I have noticed that if I go to a HITS channel my channel count increases. If I go to like HBO, Starz etc it decreases. I checked my TDT count yesterday and it has increased from 1724 to 1749. Im not sure why the ACC is doing this it may have something to do with setting up the 410's for c band. Im keeping an eye on my TDT count since it sat at 1701 for years. Since my 922 never passes the Starchoice birds it can't be getting any of those maps. BTW I confirmed this isn't happening only with my 922, I checked this on a clients 922 and it's doing the same thing. I think Motorola should have left trying to clean up the old channels alone. There suppose to be making it better for a lower TDT instead it's going backwards and increasing. :(

Humm we need some inside info poop on this... maybe I should wait to do a MR.
Got everything written down ,checked rechecked.
Who ever said it takes 1/2 hr is a wizard or a liar.

Did a MR on my dad's 2 weeks ago to bring in W5. Once I had everything written down, it took me right at 45 minutes to do the MR and get everything back to normal.
Problem was, it took an hour to get everything written.

So right at 2 hours to do the MR, start to finish...

I checked my TDT count yesterday and it has increased from 1724 to 1749. Im not sure why the ACC is doing this it may have something to do with setting up the 410's for c band. Im keeping an eye on my TDT count since it sat at 1701 for years. :(
I noticed last night (thursday) while watching "Lost In Space", that my TDT count had risen to 1724, it's been on 1700 since my last Master Reset, whenever that was?

And gpat, since you're writing all your locations down, be sure and move the dish to the "5000" location, wherever that is, to do your Master Reset, and then everything should be in the same locations when you do it? Otherwise, what you're writing isn't going to make any difference? Good Luck!

I noticed last night (thursday) while watching "Lost In Space", that my TDT count had risen to 1724, it's been on 1700 since my last Master Reset, whenever that was?

Mine was 1725 after they added W5 before that it was 1701. I was toggling between The movie channels on G1 and the W5 channels and it increased to 1749. My channel count is 4809 after sitting on G1 and it changes to 4837 when I go to W5. If I go back to G1 it goes back to 4809, etc etc......

I also noticed that when I go to W5, channels deleted by the ACC lately reappear. If I go back to G1 they disappear again, That means only one thing HITS is running a different channel map. Im just hoping that it don't keep inching up the TDT to 1920. I never had to do a MR since my 4DTV was new, over 2 years now and really don't want to because of a Comcast or Motorola screwup. They should have left well enough alone!

I just looked at mine again, and I'm on my most regular bird (G1), I don't think I've been back to W5 since Thursday, but my TDT count is showing 1748 now....

Mororola is playing around right now so it may move up and down till they are done, it should jump up and down in the 1700's not a big deal, a master reset should take 45 minutes on a 4dtv only system, 30 minutes to load the maps and about 15 minutes using the easy sat locater.

Mororola is playing around right now so it may move up and down till they are done, it should jump up and down in the 1700's not a big deal, a master reset should take 45 minutes on a 4dtv only system, 30 minutes to load the maps and about 15 minutes using the easy sat locater.

I never seen the TDT count go down without a MR. From what I understand the TDT only goes up with satellite changes not channel additions or deletions.

I never seen the TDT count go down without a MR. From what I understand the TDT only goes up with satellite changes not channel additions or deletions.

The transponder definition table will change if Motorola adds or removes defined transponders, they did delete some transponders from B6 this made the count go down, they may be adding or deleting some transponders as we speak, I was hoping they would have corrected the mapping of B6 to match the new Horizon's 2 in this location though sadly they are not going to do this, so it may be difficult to locate any analog feeds now that they removed some transponders from B6 that matched the transponder before.

It would be great if Motorola corrected all the transponders with updated info.

I didn't know you could still program an Anik Ku tile in your american 4DTV box and it would take a star choice download!

I know a few years ago-you could render your box un-useable.

I didn't know you could still program an Anik Ku tile in your american 4DTV box and it would take a star choice download!

I know a few years ago-you could render your box un-useable.

A 920 and 922 will load all the Star choice maps along with the 4d maps and this will max out the TDT to 1920, a 905 does not have any analog transponders defined and so it will not max out even with the Star choice maps loaded.

Also keep in mind that what you see in the guide or what channel you can select using a regular 4d tile does not mean much, and the transponders are already mapped and if Motorola sets a virtual channel number for users this is just the correct freq and info to tune in the already defined transponder.

Motorola has been removing old info from the guide, and removing the virtual channel number though this will have no effect on the TDT it may help the guide load faster and store longer periods of info.

well Im SOL on the 5000 trick as none of my counts are that high.
Ive had this system going for over 20 yrs thru various component changes.
Dont know why the count doesnt work out but I can over come that by doing the math.

And gpat, since you're writing all your locations down, be sure and move the dish to the "5000" location, wherever that is, to do your Master Reset, and then everything should be in the same locations when you do it? Otherwise, what you're writing isn't going to make any difference? Good Luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts