audio cuts on and off

gordy13

Original poster
Apr 21, 2011
north carolina coast
On Starz Encore Classic channel the audio cuts in and out, it does this on all four receivers, the receivers
are Arris model DCX3200/A071/033. I have reset all receivers and checked all connections, problem still
persist. I hope someone can help, TWC is no help.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the picture doesn't drop out or glitch.

If it happens on all receivers simultaneously, TWC has issues at their head end and that's where you need to focus your efforts. If it isn't simultaneous, then the problem is likely with the receiver firmware.

In either case (and assuming no picture irregularities), you need to call upon your local fellow subscribers to back you up and let TWC know that everyone knows that the issue lies with TWC. That nobody else is complaining is a powerful motivation to avoid looking into a real problem.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the picture doesn't drop out or glitch.

If it happens on all receivers simultaneously, TWC has issues at their head end and that's where you need to focus your efforts. If it isn't simultaneous, then the problem is likely with the receiver firmware.

In either case (and assuming no picture irregularities), you need to call upon your local fellow subscribers to back you up and let TWC know that everyone knows that the issue lies with TWC. That nobody else is complaining is a powerful motivation to avoid looking into a real problem.

Thanks, I have found out since posting this that I do have a stand alone receiver, that is not on whole house dvr, that does not have this problem. The picture is fine on all receivers

The DCX3200 is a standalone receiver that doesn't feature client capability and since you said you had four of them, I didn't assume that there was a whole home box involved. Do you really have what you said you have or were you just winging it?

In the end, you need to re-read post #2 until your path becomes clear.

The bonuses in Technical Support come primarily from getting the customer off the phone as quickly as possible. Correctly answering the customer's questions is surprisingly far down the list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)