Audio delay after pausing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

autolycus

Original poster
Jan 5, 2016
ATL
I've had my HR54 for a couple weeks now, and one thing has been bothering me: whenever I hit pause and then resume playing, there's a delay before the audio comes back. There's no audio-video sync issue once audio returns. It's just a couple seconds, but it means I always have to hit the replay button to hear what's said immediately after the pause. Any ideas what's causing this or what I can do to stop it?

If it matters, the sound is going through HDMI to the tv and from there to a soundbar/subwoofer system via optical. I never had this delay with my DVR, and everything was hooked up exactly the same way.

Do you have the same delay if you run the optical audio output from the HR54 directly to the soundbar?

Do you have the same delay if you run the optical audio output from the HR54 directly to the soundbar?
Yup. Exact same delay no matter how it's hooked up. Also makes no difference if Dolby Digital is on or off. It's not the end of the world, but it's odd that it's behaving differently from the HR23 that was in this room before.

I have the same issue, sometimes after a pause the audio would not join in until after passed a few seconds, perhaps 3 or 4 seconds, but it's quite annoying. HR44 here.

I have the same issue, sometimes after a pause the audio would not join in until after passed a few seconds, perhaps 3 or 4 seconds, but it's quite annoying. HR44 here.
Same here. It happens about 10% of the time to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)