Audio Dropout Problem (722, 722K)

highdefjeff you just don't learn anything and keep spouting the sos over & over. 58 is plenty of signal for the system to give him plenty of head room. I'm one step from putting you on my ignore list. But then I wouldn't be able to see the crap that you are trying to feed the rest of the forum. I try to give everyone the benefit of a doubt but you have now gone past that. You just don't understand anything we have been telling you and keep coming up with this too little SS. This guy does not have too little SS at 58. Gez I just read that article you refer to and it was your own site so you have no outside source that verifies your statements. Are you on this forum to promote your site or something?

BTW I walked away from my PC for a while to think about if I should post this or not. I decided that I should due to the fact it is just junk that you are posting here and may even be trying to self promote yourself in the Sat Guys forum. With the change in the signal meter reading the old 70 just isn't relevant anymore. So until you come up with an outside source that can verify this stuff you are just spouting BS to the general public.

Here is the reason that I pulled out that "unsubstantiated" bit of information. This one is testable and provable. I didn't ask him to take my word for it, I asked him to test it and let us know. So before we get too excited here, let's wait for the results. As far as the rest of your comments, I'll get to them on the audio threads.

This one needs to be proven.

You are the 1st

Here is the reason that I pulled out that "unsubstantiated" bit of information. This one is testable and provable. I didn't ask him to take my word for it, I asked him to test it and let us know. So before we get too excited here, let's wait for the results. As far as the rest of your comments, I'll get to them on the audio threads.

This one needs to be proven.

You are the 1st person that is going on my ignore list. Do I send you a blue ribbon. You just don't know what you are talking about and I'm tired of trying to inform you. I wonder how many others have done the same. BYe Bye.

Yep

oh good lord are we back to this "the higher the signal strength the better the picture" bull line again?

That's all he knows to say about any problem. Even is site is misquoting thinking that the old signal strength measurements make any difference. Stating things like the new VIP series takes higher signal levels because of some lame reason that I couldn't understand at all. As I said above he seems to be trying to promote his own site here. Which is full of his unsubstantiated conjectures. I put him on ignore for 4 hrs and then decided that people here need to not be BS'ed by him without others telling them corrected info.

I know. Cant come up with the real reason just that "oh the signal is low" line

hmmmm...the 811 I had taken out of mothballs with old software in it when I peaked a dish went to 100+ on all TP's (some spotbeams went to 125). Then it downloaded the newest software which "neutered" the meter to around 60 quality.

Damn...I guess my signal sucks then. Better try and repeak it :rolleyes:

bingo

I know. Cant come up with the real reason just that "oh the signal is low" line

hmmmm...the 811 I had taken out of mothballs with old software in it when I peaked a dish went to 100+ on all TP's (some spotbeams went to 125). Then it downloaded the newest software which "neutered" the meter to around 60 quality.

Damn...I guess my signal sucks then. Better try and repeak it :rolleyes:

L you must be getting on board the hidefjeffy wagon there. :clap:bow:haha

yep :rolleyes:

I peak enough dishes at the house here (4 KU dishes, 2 C-band) so I know what is good signal and what isnt. Hmmmmm...the one satellite I pick up has some stations at a 75 quality, some at 99 quality and some at 35 quality (30 is the threshold on my FTA receivers) and they all are nice and stable. All are SD channels and all look the same :)

I'm having the same issue myself, not on the same channels although I will admit that the ones the op posted are not my most frequently viewed channels. I'm quite sure its not my optical cable as I have several that I've tried. I've tried several different combinations of audio output settings on my 722k without any change. Its too bad that my Samsung DLP TV doesn't pass DD 5.1 back to my receiver or I could just use that as a workaround, yes I have checked.

For those that are interested here are my signal strengths (not sure if I checked the right transponders but I think I did)

110 - 66
119 - 66
129 - 51

I've been thinking of upgrading my receiver but really the only reasons I have that are legit are for better auto calibration and capability of decoding the new audio formats. As it stands though my Harman Kardon AVR-235 works fine for all other tasks. And I'd better benefit by getting a new matching Paradigm center channel to go with my Paradigm Atoms.

I'm having the same issue myself, not on the same channels although I will admit that the ones the op posted are not my most frequently viewed channels. I'm quite sure its not my optical cable as I have several that I've tried. I've tried several different combinations of audio output settings on my 722k without any change. Its too bad that my Samsung DLP TV doesn't pass DD 5.1 back to my receiver or I could just use that as a workaround, yes I have checked.

For those that are interested here are my signal strengths (not sure if I checked the right transponders but I think I did)

110 - 66
119 - 66
129 - 51

I've been thinking of upgrading my receiver but really the only reasons I have that are legit are for better auto calibration and capability of decoding the new audio formats. As it stands though my Harman Kardon AVR-235 works fine for all other tasks. And I'd better benefit by getting a new matching Paradigm center channel to go with my Paradigm Atoms.

Your signal is also low-lower than the one in question. I would expect you to have the same problems.

no it isnt. His numbers are just fine. A 50 signal and a 60 signal are the same thing picture/sound wise. The only issue would be rain fade

you keep spewing the same crap over and over. NO matter how many times you say, it doesnt make you right ;)

no it isnt. His numbers are just fine. A 50 signal and a 60 signal are the same thing picture/sound wise. The only issue would be rain fade

you keep spewing the same crap over and over. NO matter how many times you say, it doesnt make you right ;)

Fight science with science will ya!?!

I provide third party scientific documentation for nearly everything I say. You reply with your opinion. Ultimately, the truth will win; and I am not, nor will I be, embarrassed. (You won't need to be either, though; I'm embarrassed enough for you.):yikes

I'm stating a FACT (and proving you wrong at the same time which is pretty easy) :)

The signal quality as long as its stable enough to keep the picture is fine. Only rain fade is involved with a higher signal as to how long before it goes out.

If 30 is a stable picture on a meter, if you have a 50,60,70 signal the picture is the same. It all depends on the rain fade.

I've worked with enough systems (Dish, Direct, Shaw Direct, Bell Expressvu, C-Band and KU Band) to know this. Unless you are working with a specific FEC especially on C-Band/KU, the picture will be the same if you have a 50 quality or a 70 quality.
There was a satellite that had 2 transponders that alot of us FTA'ers watched. One TP would log at a 45 quality and one was at a 70. Picture was IDENTICAL quality. Difference is when it rained the one at 45 quality would go out much quicker than the 70 ;)

But keep spewing the "you need a higher signal for a better picture"...hey maybe someone might believe you? ;)

And why are you embarrassed for me? I'm not the one who keeps saying idiotic reasoning as to why something doesn't work. :)

Un related "science"

When you (highdefjeff) document you through out articles that in many cases have little to do with the subject. This is the same thing you are trying to do in volume thread. Seems like all you want to do is win an argument and not inform.

722 audio dropouts

Hi to all,

Just joined, as I am looking for a solution to same problem..
I just wanted to add, if it would help any of your research, that the same model sold in Canada has identical problems (Bell expressvu 9242 receiver). There are several people complaining about these problems. So much so, it seems, that Bell is not selling this model anymore.. FYI.

I have had 3 of these receivers and all had these issues. I have tried to use other cables (other than HDMI) and did not help.

As for signal strength, mine is always more than 90%.

Am open to any info that would help solve these audio issues.

Good day to all.

audio dropout was the fault of my (old) receiver!!

I couldn't believe it but ... when I upgraded my (roughly 5-year old) Onkyo A/V receiver to a newer model the audio dropout problem disappeared! I refused to believe that the old receiver could discriminate against just a few stations -- and consistently so --- but this is exactly what was happening. I have had no audio dropout problems over the optical connection since upgrading to an Onkyo SRX-806. I also apologized to Dish Network engineering for suggesting that they were not thoroughly investigating the matter (because I was certain the problem was on their/receiver end).

I was definitely in error on this one. My apologies as well.

Thank you for posting the resolution!

Good to know. We obviously need to include an A/V receiver in the signal chain.

Everyone with similar drops should try their sound bypassing A/V receiver to see if the problem persists.

722K is the problem for me..
Audio dropouts via HDMI to my Onkyo receiver hooked to my projector.. But no such drop outs occur on my 32in LCD which is hooked up via component off the same receiver. Listening to both at the same time, the Onkyo drops audio often while the LCD never misses a word.. In my opinion the 722k is hosed when connected to Dolby Digital.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)