Audio Dropout Problem (722, 722K)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I too am using a Pioneer receiver connected with HDMI. When I hear audio drop for a moment it is during playback of a recorded event. The remote is not being used at all. Rewinding the show to the dropout spot and it drops out again. That indicates to me that the DVR recorded the dropout that way.

Joined this forum because this problem has plagued me for years and Dish is useless, in convenient, perpetual denial.
I use a 722 Dish Hopper, HDMI, not optical. On certain channels (Fox News and Science in particular), every 10 minutes or so, the sound starts to flake out until it's silent, then it crackles back to normal, maybe 10-15 seconds of silence. If I pause for a second and then unpause, that usually fixes it. If I rewind, the sound issue is not there in the recording. That means it has nothing to do with the reception, satellite alignment, etc...it's there on the hard drive perfectly fine, so it was received correctly. I've had this problem over two Hoppers and 4 years, so it's not the hardware.
I recently had the Hopper HD fail and on my second tech-help call (rebooting was their solution for the 1st time) I mentioned the sound drop-out issue and they acted as if it were something new. Unfortunately, this means I can't pause or rewind at the moment, so this audio bug is unavoidable and is really bothering me...I just lose 15 seconds of audio every 10 minutes which is ANNOYING AS HECK! My guess is that the replacement Hopper will have the same issue. Hope not, but I'm not holding my breath.
Bottom line, it's an issue in their firmware and they aren't fixing it. I'll likely record a video of this and upload it to youtube just so I can share it with the Dish techs. If it happens with the new Hopper, I'll upload a video of that and tell them that this indicates it's not hardware.
Maybe they'll listen some day.
-Mack
PS. I don't ever recall this happening during a commercial. Has anyone else?
PPS. Just after adding my PS, a commercial did the audio thing. Wondering if the audio thing only happens to commercials that don't disappear if you rewind (search for Dish disappearing commercials for more on this).

First, do you have a Hopper or a 722?? They’re not the same thing

Is this always been the same TV? Have you tried to change the audio settings on the TV and/or the receiver?

Last edited:
Reactions: oljim60

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)