Audio dropouts chan 72-79

Status
Please reply by conversation.

itzelm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Sep 18, 2006
here is the update...
i installed a 2nd hd 20 and the pixelation/audio problem persisted. so, now we will have the technician come out.

dcbag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 17, 2003
Tennessee
I also have the same issues as other with audio & video dropouts, I'd rather do anything than try to get this straighten out with D.

tds4182

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 7, 2003
Kingwood,Texas
I also have the same issues as other with audio & video dropouts, I'd rather do anything than try to get this straighten out with D.

If you're using an H20 or HR20 and connecting to your television via HDMI you might try using component and RCA cables for the video and audio.

This will still give you an HD picture and seems to have helped solve the audio drop-out problem for some people.

It's worth a try!

Good luck.

dcbag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 17, 2003
Tennessee
If you're using an H20 or HR20 and connecting to your television via HDMI you might try using component and RCA cables for the video and audio.

This will still give you an HD picture and seems to have helped solve the audio drop-out problem for some people.

It's worth a try!

Good luck.

I am using digital in to receiver for audio, sometimes I can pause then play to bring the audio back.

the_Drake

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 18, 2007
UPDATE:

Just got my replacement receiver up and running and the audio issue is no more!! Thanks, D*. Now onto other issues, which I'll post in another thread. Need yet another HR20 :mad:

itzelm

Sep 18, 2006
Pixelation problem update

So, finally, the Direct TV technician comes out. I explain the problem and immediately he says "signal strenght problem". he goes over to see the dish on the roof of the house and voila, problem solved. the issue was that the satellite was not positioned correctly. The dish is very heavy and was not secured appropriately so the weight caused the dish to angle down.

So, problem fixed after all the aggravation with DirectTV

drgranata

Sep 13, 2007
near Yosemite
I had the same problem (pixelation/audio dropout) with my last HR20-700. I thought it was my old 3 lnb dish, so when d* came out and replaced it free with the slimline, I thought that would clear it up. NOT. So I had the tech come out again and he said it was the receiver and had d* ship me a new one free ($20 is free?). Anywho, I got the new receiver about a week ago, hooked it up and everything was looking good, until today. Same exact problem. Here's the kicker, it only happens on input 1, input 2 is fine.

If anyone can help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated.

KillrBuckeye

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 17, 2007
Suburban Detroit
I also have an update regarding the audio dropout problem (sometimes accompanied by pixellation). After complaining again to D* about the issue, I finally was connected with a home installation customer service representative who seemed pretty knowledgeable. He suggested something that hadn't been mentioned previously--interference affecting the BBCs. He said that the BBCs could be very sensitive to interference from electrical noise, and he arranged to have 2 new BBCs sent out to me free of charge. I hooked up the new BBCs on Sunday and I haven't experienced the audio dropout problem since then. However, I haven't had a whole lot of time to watch TV, so I can't say for sure that the problem is fixed.

KillrBuckeye

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 17, 2007
Suburban Detroit
UPDATE: I spoke too soon. The new BBCs did not fix the problem. I'm still getting occasional audio dropouts sometimes accompanied by pixellation. Looks like I'll need to try a new receiver if I want to resolve this issue. The crappy thing is that D* is telling me that my replacement receiver may be a -100, so I would lose the RF functionality of the remote. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)