Audio dropouts......

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
While watching Fleetwood MAc on Rave there were quite a few very short (<1second) audio dropouts. Anyone else notice? I am using the coaxial output if it matters.
Thanks,
Joe

Yes, and it's quite annoying. I'm using optical, and it's the same on 2 boxes. I've always had dropouts on HDN, but it only started on Rave after the encoder change at the beginning of the month.

It is quite annoying but at least it's not just me, misery loves company ;-) Any fix for this? Has anyone contacted Voom?

Me too

I have the same issue...I thought it was the less stable optical I was using...but apparently after reading through this threat that is not the case....

It has been dropping out on HDN since day one for me, Rave is fairly recent and very annoying. I would think a channel focused on music would have solid audio as a priority! Voom needs to fix this ASAP. :mad:

We've had audio dropouts on and off on all our sat...

cruzmisl said:
While watching Fleetwood MAc on Rave there were quite a few very short (<1second) audio dropouts. Anyone else notice? I am using the coaxial output if it matters.
Thanks,
Joe

and OTA channels. Believe the problem is worse off the sat now than before the new encoders. HDNews has had audio problems since at least Dec.'03 when we started. I've posted several times and sent messages to VOOM's engineers but the problem remains. Audio switches from speaker to speaker at random. Using coaxial here as well.

Dropouts on RAVE would be particularly annoying. Haven't been watching lately so hadn't noticed.

Yikes, Seattle is clouding up but still enjoying HDTV, Gill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)