Audio Muffled

Sorry I don't have the Info like I do with the other speakers Mitshubishi M-CTR5 , 100 watt, 8 olm 15 lbs weight. I have never had this issue before, even with the Denon receiver connected. So I think it must be the cheap Yamaha Receiver I bought 5 years ago. We are selling our Beach Home and moving to Tellico Village Tn. soon and I'll be closer to a big city (Knoxville) and be able to shop for a new receiver. And maybe they will let me test it on my speakers.

The sound from the speakers is awesome, our house is on a slab and it shakes the windows and walls If I crank it up, The problem is just the speech from people is very hard to understand. I know we are old but we are not hard of hearing. lol

i would start with resetting the receiver and resetting it up, just in case something in the software is buggy

yamahas tend to get very good reviews

Sorry I don't have the Info like I do with the other speakers Mitshubishi M-CTR5 , 100 watt, 8 olm 15 lbs weight. I have never had this issue before, even with the Denon receiver connected.
Money and age are not particularly valid indicators of quality or condition. You shouldn't dismiss things based on how much or how little you paid for them. Yamaha has an excellent track record as mdram points out and since you've apparently had problems before with keeping receivers alive with this speaker set, there may be a pattern developing that raises eyebrows about the speakers.

if its just the voices giving problems
you can buy that same center used for @ $50 or so at various places online

if its just the voices giving problems you can buy that same center used for @ $50 or so at various places online
Connecting one of the surrounds temporarily to the center channel output requires no financial investment, no trips to The Big City and relatively little time to further isolate the real problem.

Then again, perhaps I don't put enough value on my time spent...

I put allot of value on everyone's time, It's hard to get help sometimes on forums. I'll try everything you guys say, it's just almost everything we own (including other speakers) is in storage.
Thank You Both for your time.
Jack

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)