Samsung js8500 series

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hbk409

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 12, 2005
LI,NY
Hi guys I have a Samsung UN65js8500. It is supposed to have HDR capablities, however no matter what I try on the apps built into the tv on netflix or amazon or on my fire tv can I get the HDR to show up. I dont know if there is a setting that I would have to change I thought the built in apps would show it automatically. I ran a speed test on netflix and it showed my speed at 58Mb/s so I know its not my connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys I have a Samsung UN65js8500. It is supposed to have HDR capablities, however no matter what I try on the apps built into the tv on netflix or amazon or on my fire tv can I get the HDR to show up. I dont know if there is a setting that I would have to change I thought the built in apps would show it automatically. I ran a speed test on netflix and it showed my speed at 58Mb/s so I know its not my connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Fire TV does not support HDR. Neither does ROKU. You might check over at AVS in the 8500 thread to see if the apps on the TV support HDR. They might not. There is a setting in the JS series that needs to be enabled. Color space should be set to Auto or Native and HDMI UHD color needs to be set to on (for external sources). Keep in mind that there is very little on Netflix and Amazon that has HDR. Netflix actually started with support for DV, and VUDU only supports Dolby Vision (no HDR). Amazon has 1 or 2 series with HDR.

Reactions: harshness
I have the latest firmware. The Amazon app supports its however, it appears for whatever reason the Netflix app doesnt support HDR :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts