Audio out of sync

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cypher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
I just got my HD set up on Friday and have been "playing" around watching the different channels. I really love ESPN-HD. I have a couple of questions, though.

1. I have noticed that often (mostly during commercials) the audio is WAY out of sync with the video. This is not true on the regular ESPN (in fact this is true for the "regular" broadcast channels vs. their HD counterparts). do you guys see this as well? IS there a way to fix it, or is it in the transmission? Prime example: I am currently watching the ESPN 25 celebration with Chris Berman...whenever Berman is on screen and talking, everything woks fine...however, when the "taped" segments are shown, it is almost unbearable to watch the video that is so terribly out of sync with the audio.

2. If I am on an HD channel, but the picture is only in 4:3, does that mean the show is not in HD (but is upconverting)? Only full 16:9 shows are in HD? So ESPN HD is NOT HD all the time? I have a good TV that tells me the resolution...on the HD channels it says 1080i (I assume this is because I told the receiver that 1080i is the maximum resolution I can see). But, on regular channels, my screen says 480p. ESPN HD always says 1080i, but I don't think that is necessarily true. Can someone explain this better to me?

I've noticed the audio problem as well. It's the transmission, not your set-up. ESPN HD shows alot of 4:3 SD programming. They use the their own version of black bars for this. Even upconverted, its only going to look as good as the source material.

I think it looks fine, but the audio off-set drives me crazy!

Yeah, bummer we all get that. It even happens on HDNet sometimes. It doesn't happen like 98% of the time but it is quite aggravating when it does happen. You're siting there thinking "Am I Crazy?" or is the audio off on this. Part of the kinks needing to be worked out. This issue happened on Movie channels with Voom, that is why my wife voted them off the island.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)