Audio Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dpless

Original poster
May 21, 2004
I have read a number of posts about audio problems, but have not found a solution to this one. I just had my Voom system installed yesterday. My problem is that every time I switch channels, I lose the audio signal.

My system setup - Voom STB optical audio to B&K AV receiver and Voom L & R analog audio to VCR. VCR also has L & R audio going back to AV receiver.

Every time I change the channel, I lose the sound coming from the optical audio connection (SAT), whether it is stereo or DD 5.1. I can switch the audio source on my AV receiver to VCR, and I hear the sound. Now the strange part - I then switch the audio source back to the optical audio connection (SAT) and I immediately hear sound, stereo or DD 5.1.

I called VOOM, but the CSR did not have a solution. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Doug

I am guessing here, but this might be caused by your AV receiver. May be it is set to some sort of automatic audio input selection? Can you configure it to stay on one audio input all the time?

Do you get sound after a few seconds after the picture loads? Also you have to wait to get the new download which is ver 5.86 since you just gotten installed. When I change channels there is a slight audio delay because the sound format is being switch by the receiver. I am also using the optical cable.

I had a similar problem. I had to turn audio OFF on my TV. For some reason the TV was interupting the sound any time I changed volume or channels. This also happened when I had cable.

Like Ilya said, check your receiver and see if you can manually select DD for that particular input. My Yamaha has the option of using Auto or Last selected. Setting it manually will eliminate audio pops as well that are experienced with the Auto setting.

I just spoke with the shop where I bought my receiver. They thought that the receiver was not locking on the digital signal. They suggested a firmware upgrade for the receiver. I will post the results after the upgrade.

Doug

Problem Solved

I took my AV receiver to my dealer for a firmware upgrade over the weekend and the audio problem is completely solved. My receiver locks in on the audio signal after every channel change, whether it is stereo or DD 5.1.

Doug

SAme problem audio Dropout

I have my Voom Stb also connected to my sony receiver 7.1 DE995, and loose audio many times when i change channels . it is very annoying. I have to switch back to the previous channel and then advance again to get audio. I think it is a flaw in the voom box, cause i don't have the same problem with my Dish 6000. Maybe a software upgrade i hope will correct the problem..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)