Audio problems on 24! AGAIN

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Coaster fiend

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
I think Fox does this intentionally. fox is the only channel that has this problem and it usually occurs on a Monday.

Fox sucks

thanks for listening

Happens in Columbus Ohio FOX has very poor production on everything
Sports being the worst Did anyone watch the bowl games BAD..... I think they get the Audio engineer from Full Sail.

I'm in southern Louisiana & when I had cable the local channels were getting distorted, including the audio. I just switched to Direct TV & no longer have that problem. Now my problem is I had direct tv install hr22-100 in the living room and 2 basic receivers in bed rooms. Everthing worked great untill I tried to turn on the hd receiver. I get all kinds of strange colors on screen I can not access menu or anything else. The only thing I can do is to turn power on hd receiver off and on about 10 times and then I get a distorted picture that will evently clear up and work fine the rest of the day. Every morning I have to do the same routine. I have Direct coming out, but of course they think I have a tv imput problem or bad hdmi cable. I still have cable hooked to dvd player and can switch from hdmi to tv input and have a good picture. I believe I have a bad receiver but can not convince the phone tech. All she can do is read her script! Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice while I wait 4 days for tech to come.
Thanks Ronnie

Anyone had this problem with HR22-100

I recently switched from cable to Direct TV. I had Direct TV install hr22-100 in the living room and 2 basic receivers in bed rooms. Everthing worked great untill I tried to turn on the hd receiver. I get all kinds of strange colors on screen I can not access menu or anything else. The only thing I can do is to turn power on hd receiver off and on about 10 times and then I get a distorted picture that will evently clear up and work fine the rest of the day. Every morning I have to do the same routine. I have Direct coming out, but of course they think I have a tv imput problem or bad hdmi cable. I still have cable hooked to dvd player and can switch from hdmi to tv input and have a good picture. I believe I have a bad receiver but can not convince the phone tech. All she can do is read her script! Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice while I wait 4 days for tech to come.
Thanks Ronnie

I recently switched from cable to Direct TV. I had Direct TV install hr22-100 in the living room and 2 basic receivers in bed rooms. Everthing worked great untill I tried to turn on the hd receiver. I get all kinds of strange colors on screen I can not access menu or anything else. The only thing I can do is to turn power on hd receiver off and on about 10 times and then I get a distorted picture that will evently clear up and work fine the rest of the day. Every morning I have to do the same routine. I have Direct coming out, but of course they think I have a tv imput problem or bad hdmi cable. I still have cable hooked to dvd player and can switch from hdmi to tv input and have a good picture. I believe I have a bad receiver but can not convince the phone tech. All she can do is read her script! Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice while I wait 4 days for tech to come.
Thanks Ronnie
try to force a software download. restart and on the blue hello screen with your remote push 0 2 4 6 8

I had picture problems this past Sunday in Indianapolis on our fox affiliate...I get both OTA and Directv in HD, so I knew it was a problem with their setup. Called the news office (they're the only ones in on the weekend) and they fixed the problem in less than five minutes!! If you know you're having a problem with you local station, just call them, they'll fix it immediately

OMG same here, seriously here in Albany WXXA- FOX23 Last night, 24 Had so many audio glitches it was unbearable to watch, picture kept lagging, sound was out of sync. I called up Directv they tried blaming it on Weather, It was a crystal clear sky I could see all of the stars, nothing was in the way of the dish. The SD signal was unaffected, but the HD channel was horrible. I was extremely dissatisfied, 24 is the only show I enjoy watching on tv these days.

I have a HR22 HD DVR (This was the one with major audio glitches last night) and 2 standard receivers.

AND Today When it was on TLC HD it was doing the same thing, but was very minor wasnt as major but still very noticable.

Last edited:
Audio glitches occurred on HR22 and R15
HR22 during "24" every intro and outro the sound was distorted just mildly annoying since no actual dialog is taking place just the countdown.
HR22 and R15 during CSI Miami I think it was the local station station though. Digital scratch type noise.

Will reboot all the machines later tonight since I am watching stuff now.

The technical term for some of these audio issues

is called Motorboating ( google it ) D* knows about it. I had it 13 Straight days on CBS channel 9 in the DC area. Every 3-4 minutes.

Apparently it's hard to correct. And yes, at this very moment it is happening in a lot of areas.

All is fine as of now.

Here is the link. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorboating"]Motorboating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)