Audio Problems on Satellite Local (Bozeman, MT)

sms1976

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2007
There have always been audio problems with a satellite local here in Bozeman, MT (18-00, ABC) since Dish added the locals in our market many years ago. The issue has been intermittent, but the audio judders and gets way out of sync, so that sometimes you can't even make out what's being said. The video also can have some very strange artifacts, like blurring and trails behind moving objects.

When I had a 722k, it wasn't a problem since I could watch the OTA local (28-1), but there was never listings shown for that channel so setting DVR events was a hassle. Now with a Hopper, the audio problem seems worse and I don't have an OTA tuner (and Dish has none in stock) to get around the issue.

Who do I talk to about this? The OTA station is fine, but the Dish version is a real pain.

I'm sorry you have been having those problem with that local station. I don't have any open problem reports for any channels in the Butte-Bozaeman DMA. If you want to send me a private message with the following information I can submit a problem report on it. Receiver CAID, Smartcard ID, zip code, channel number and call letters. Also is there a certain time of day it is worse than others or if it is just random.

dishquality@echostar.com

give them the actual channel number (the one in the 5000-8000 range) and the callsign, etc
They're usually pretty good at fixing it

I'm sorry you have been having those problem with that local station. I don't have any open problem reports for any channels in the Butte-Bozaeman DMA. If you want to send me a private message with the following information I can submit a problem report on it. Receiver CAID, Smartcard ID, zip code, channel number and call letters. Also is there a certain time of day it is worse than others or if it is just random.

Thanks guys; I think ZachS on the DIRT team has already submitted the request. I don't have my Receiver info in front of me, or I'd send that again. I can tell you:
Zip: 59718
Channel: 18-0
Call Letters: KWYB
We only watch during prime time and occasionally during the day on weekends for football games. It seems to happen independently of the time-of-day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)