Audio services on FTA Ku-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aegrotatio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
A Public Bathroom
I originally installed my Ku-band system for some excellent music services. I haven't used it in a few years even though it's staring at me from my deck railing. I used DiSH Network music for a few years and now don't have DiSH service anymore so I'm looking at re-activating my Ku-band dish. It has linear and two circular to get a few audio services at once but now I can't remember what they were.

My question is: what audio services are on FTA Ku-band these days? I really used to enjoy the Muzak service that DiSH Network broadcasted when I had DiSH, and before that when I first set up the Ku-band dish. I hear it's encrypted now. What's comparable to that today?

Thanks!!

None

None that I can find on Ku. Those that you used to get off Ku as far as I know are now encrypted. DMX is still FTA on C-band sat G-17.

DMX change there audio to AC-3
thanks for your tip
smile.gif

If you have iTunes on your pc just click on he radio stations tab at the top left, and choose your genre. It will display a large list of available stations....take your pic. I love it.

If you have iTunes on your pc just click on he radio stations tab at the top left, and choose your genre. It will display a large list of available stations....take your pic. I love it.

It's pretty bad when an FTA community suggests you use internet radio...

It's pretty bad when an FTA community suggests you use internet radio...
TOTALLY agree:up:up

If I could get internet radio or TV how would I get it the 200 feet from the computer shed (where the microwave link will connect) and the motor home where we live? Of course, I would not give up the $300 / year taxes for a house with neighbors:rant:in the city!

I love it when my neighbors are 4 legged and enjoy the salt lick and care nothing about the number of dishes. Free power and water are wonderful also, as is 180° LOS...:D

TOTALLY agree:up:up

If I could get internet radio or TV how would I get it the 200 feet from the computer shed (where the microwave link will connect) and the motor home where we live? Of course, I would not give up the $300 / year taxes for a house with neighbors:rant:in the city!

I love it when my neighbors are 4 legged and enjoy the salt lick and care nothing about the number of dishes. Free power and water are wonderful also, as is 180° LOS...:D

You're on a satellite form, how else would you get it there? It's only 200 feet. Scrap two DTV/Dishes, and build a couple of HIGH gain directional wifi antennas. :p You don't actually need ANYWHERE near that much power...you can get miles on a point to point with two sat dishes modded for wifi, but it's a sat forum, and it'd be fun. :p

The Ku audio just doesn't seem to be available any more. So it's time to go w/ another option. A mini bud for C-band I think may be your best bet. I'm going to put up a .9 m dish on 125 for PBS Ku and at same location there is a C band bird that I'm going to try & get the audio off of. I have a C/Ku feed w/ a conical scalar I'm going to try and use. But it takes a digicypher 2 rec to get the audio off G 14 for the in the clear channels so it will be a bit before I can do it.

Thanks for all the information.
I don't have a lack of audio--I have FiOS which has two huge groups of audio channels, plus I have both Sirius and XM satellite radios.

I am looking at restarting my FTA hobby, and thanks to you all for the information!! Looks like I need an AC3 receiver, too, and put a C-band horn on my 1-meter Weingard dish to get the other stuff now that Ku-band is so empty of free audio.

aegrotatio said:
Thanks for all the information.
I don't have a lack of audio--I have FiOS which has two huge groups of audio channels, plus I have both Sirius and XM satellite radios.

I am looking at restarting my FTA hobby, and thanks to you all for the information!! Looks like I need an AC3 receiver, too, and put a C-band horn on my 1-meter Weingard dish to get the other stuff now that Ku-band is so empty of free audio.

Check again they just killed the URGE channels in September

... I am looking at restarting my FTA hobby, and thanks to you all for the information!! Looks like I need an AC3 receiver, too, and put a C-band horn on my 1-meter Weingard dish to get the other stuff now that Ku-band is so empty of free audio.

Check PM for another possible idea.

Thanks again.
I'm have no shortage of FiOS channels even with pointless URGE gone.
I am just happy to enjoy the FTA hobby, from multi-LNB 36" dishes to motorized monstrosities and multiple DiSEqC switches I miss it but with so much scrambled it just became not so practical anymore.

Thanks for all the pointers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts