Status
Please reply by conversation.

mrite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Ottawa Valley Canada
I have a question about the audio on some channels,
The channels are listed as having ac3 whatever that is and I saw some older posts where some of you recommended something to decode ? the audio. So just what is needed to get the audio signal ? My area of interest is with the PBS Stations. Thanks for any help.

if your audio receiver does dolby digital thats the same thing

otherwise there were some headphones out there that do AC-3

dolby & pbs

This recent thread should answer all questions concerning Dolby on PBS and how to decode it.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/105965-receiver-s-have-built-ac3-decoder.html
The question comes up from time to time, and it's always a pain to look for the previous thread.
Also, it's not easy for a new member to know how to search for it.

If that solution doesn't suit you, I think there's one FTA PBS channel without Dolby....
I have three or four over-the-air PBS stations here, so I really don't keep up with the problem.

Thanks Guys so after checking out the past posts, I came across a cheap home theater system at Walmart for 60 dollars and it has dolby digital, so am I right to assume that this would solve the problem?

the headphones is a bit cheaper usually less than 20 and you don't have to use the headphones. my is setup to run to a set of powered computer speakers from the Sonic Voom decoder.

also verify if your FTA receiver will output spdif some older receivers don't...

good luck

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts