audio static on 522....

x3ro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
It's just popped up in the last week or so... I'll be watching a TV show and out of nowhere, the audio get's staticy.. This is on the 522 in the living room...

If you turn the reciever off, and then back on, the static disappears for a little while. My wife also said she's noticed static on the 522 in our bedroom..

The 522 in the living room is hooked up to an audio reciever via a TOSlink cable.. The 522 in the bedroom is just hooked up to the TV via coax. I retightened all the cables in the living room, and it still happens.

It's VERY annoying. Anyone have any ideas what this may be?

Ever since getting the 4.13 download, my audio has been completely turning itself off on TV2 every so often (sometimes as often as 2-3 times an hour, then not doing it for 3 hours straight.. it's random & weird.) I'm not connected via TOSLink though, just standard RG-6 Coax into TV2.

Ever since getting the 4.13 download, my audio has been completely turning itself off on TV2 every so often (sometimes as often as 2-3 times an hour, then not doing it for 3 hours straight.. it's random & weird.) I'm not connected via TOSLink though, just standard RG-6 Coax into TV2.

Mine's done that a couple times on recorded shows... Volume just disappears.. If I rewind the show, the volume comes back, and i can hear the parts i missed before...

WTF is wrong with dish? Why is my audio staticy now, when it never was before? It's not my a/v reciever, as my video games aren't staticy... And when i turn the dish box off and then back on, the static goes away for awhile...

I'm having the same issue with my DVR-522.

What is happening with mine is that my TV 1 will start to crackle and pop and I will lose audio completely on TV 2. I can restore the audio on TV 2 by rewinding and fast forwarding and the popping will stop on TV 1. This happens multiple times a day and is very random. It doesn't matter if I'm watching live tv or a recording. This all started happening after the last update which added the "On Demand" options.

I called Dish with the problem and they sent out a new 522 which I hooked up yesterday. All was good until tonight and it happened again. :mad:

This leads me to believe its a software issue and not hardware. If anybody else is having this issue PLEASE call Dish and let them know. They were clueless when I called but if enough people call maybe they will look into the problem and fix it with a new update.

I'm having the same issue with my DVR-522.

What is happening with mine is that my TV 1 will start to crackle and pop and I will lose audio completely on TV 2. I can restore the audio on TV 2 by rewinding and fast forwarding and the popping will stop on TV 1. This happens multiple times a day and is very random. It doesn't matter if I'm watching live tv or a recording. This all started happening after the last update which added the "On Demand" options.

I called Dish with the problem and they sent out a new 522 which I hooked up yesterday. All was good until tonight and it happened again. :mad:

This leads me to believe its a software issue and not hardware. If anybody else is having this issue PLEASE call Dish and let them know. They were clueless when I called but if enough people call maybe they will look into the problem and fix it with a new update.

The box in the living room I dont use the 2nd tuner on, but I have been watching a show, and randomly have completely lost sound as well. If I rewind the show, sound is magically back! Arg! The popping and static frustrates me to no end. I'm very picky about my TV viewing, and the static drives me freaking insane!!!

I, too, didn't have this problem until the last update! Dammit dish, dont you test these goddamn softwares before you send them out to your customers?!

Time to either be screwed or switch

I am having the same problem along with Tuner #2 going black and white on me. If I back it up a second or two then it clears up mostly.

Here is another post about this: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=84648

I have been posting this all over the place for the last couple of weeks. Dish is aware of the problem and has no ETA for a fix as of 12/28/2006. To make this short (and trust me, I could go on and on), DISH acknowledges the problem and is encouraging customers to Upgrade. Of course, you have to pay the $100 and sign a new contract. When you call, they make it sound like a tiny issue that you are being bitchy about. I was told to just power cycle my reciever when it happens (which is about every 30 min or so). I was also sent 3 replacement recievers before they would even ackowledge the problem. On my last call I told them I was unwilling to pay for crappy service. I was then transferred to the cancelation dept and told to cancel. I obliged and am getting DTV in the next couple of weeks.
This is a horrible business practice! It is their problem and they are trying to get the customers to pay for it. The ironic thing is is that they were trying to get me to upgrade to a 622 which seems to be having the same problem, though not as severe. All I can say is, good luck. I have had dish and DTV and have always liked Dish better. Needless to say, I will never be going back to dish after this. At least, until DTV pulls something similar. Let's face it, they all pretty much suck:).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)