Audio sync on ESPN-HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

primetimeguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
St. Paul, MN
Anyone else notice slight audio sync issues on ESPN the last week or two. I haven't spent much time watching TV the past couple weeks, but noticed it a while back. Watching tonight it was still there, on multiple receivers. I'm on WA.

I'm on the EA and haven't seen any audio sync problem. I watched the US Open and Friday Night Fights and when they had the yakker on screen talking, the sync was fine. Of course the on course and ring shots don't show much of the yakkers...

Anyone else notice slight audio sync issues on ESPN the last week or two. I haven't spent much time watching TV the past couple weeks, but noticed it a while back. Watching tonight it was still there, on multiple receivers. I'm on WA.

Yes! I definitely noticed the audio synch issues. Some times are worst than others. For one of the baseball games, the ball would already be in the catchers mit before you heard it hit the mit. Less than a second, but definitely annoying. Same thing with Around the Horn earlier in the week - someone would be talking and the audio synch was off. But it was fine on the SD channel. And yes, I am on WA as well.

Yes, and on the EA. and has been ever since they went to no SD. I don't know why that would be related, but it definitely happened then. Very noticeable on Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption. Thought my audio receiver needed adjustment, but found no problem on any other channels.

Yes, and on the EA. and has been ever since they went to no SD. I don't know why that would be related, but it definitely happened then. Very noticeable on Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption. Thought my audio receiver needed adjustment, but found no problem on any other channels.

Good point, that does appear to be about the time it started.

I noticed a little audio synch off this AM but worse than that, I am also experiencing audio and video dropouts several times a minute on ESPNHD off 110.

I can tell you it is most likely an ESPN problem, same problem on PTI on Charter when I am at work.

Tell "uplink" to turn on a TV and watch ESPN. That's all the proof they need...... :)

But as I posted, this is not a Dish issue, was also terrible yesterday on Charter cable.

They found an intermittent AV sync issue with the different ESPN's. We are currently working with the provider to see if we can figure out what is causing this.

Thanks for reporting the issue everyone

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
They found an intermittent AV sync issue with the different ESPN's. We are currently working with the provider to see if we can figure out what is causing this.

Thanks for reporting the issue everyone

Awesome thanks for investigating the issue.

Back from a couple weeks of work travel and tuned to ESPN for a bit of Baseball Tonight. Things are still out of sync slightly. Audio is leading the video.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts