Audio sync on ESPN-HD

It's very unlikely that we'll receive any updates about the AV sync problem. The issue was said to be on ESPN's end, and I was told "hopefully it will be fixed in a couple weeks", but could not say why it is taking longer.

Same issue in my hotel room in Scottsdale, (and on Charter as I previously posted) so no question it is an ESPN issue.

Horrible this morning on ESPN Gameday...I assume it is still impacting ESPN customers everywhere (DirecTV, cable, ...)?

Brand new Dish customer here, and the ESPN audio out of sync was the first thing I noticed. I thought it might have been my new HDTV, but having seen this thread, I now know it must be ESPN or Dish's problem.

BTW, look at how long this thread has been going! It's Oct 4 today!

Ya it sucks and has been going on too long. I've learned I can live without ESPN since I refuse to watch until this is resolved. Next step will be cutting the cord.

primetimeguy said:
Ya it sucks and has been going on too long. I've learned I can live without ESPN since I refuse to watch until this is resolved. Next step will be cutting the cord.

It's annoying, granted, but it's not so bad I wouldn't boycott ESPN or cancel Dish. Most of the live sports I watch focus on the field/court and not on the announcers so a small 1/2 second delay isn't even noticeable.

fbara said:
It's annoying, granted, but it's not so bad I wouldn't boycott ESPN or cancel Dish. Most of the live sports I watch focus on the field/court and not on the announcers so a small 1/2 second delay isn't even noticeable.

Agree, live sports it is ok. But I previously watched PTI daily as well as SportsCenter and have given up both.

I DVR College Football Live every day and can't say I have noticed the audio sync problem. I'll have to take a look tommorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys