Audio Sync...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

volntitan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I am sure this has been brought up, but I am having audio sync issues on the HD Network channels. I have the HD DVR. I doubt it is a local affiliate issue since it happens on different channels. Occurs on recorded programs as well and tends to be progressively worse as the show goes on. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

have you checked your signal strengths lately? not sure that would affect audio, although it would video if the dish got knocked out of alignment.

it only happens on network hd? if so, it might lend credence to the dish being out of alignment, especially on whatever satellite your locals are spotbeamed on.

this is just a thought. i'm hardly an expert. maybe, someone else has an idea?

This is a D* problem and they are aware of it and are working on it.
I have had the same issues although it comes and goes depending on what updates are currently being used., this latest one has brought the audio issuies back again, it had been quite awhile since I had them, till now.

iceturkee,
All of my signals are in the 90's (except the 103), so it's not an alignment issue, although I understand where you were going with it. :)

Jimbo

We saw alot of a/v sync issues over the weekend....most noticeable during the little league world series game. We'd hear the bat hit the ball before it happened (same for ball into the catcher's glove). The SD channel was fine. Then we started noticing on Showtime and other HD channels that dialog didn't match up to the person's mouth. It seemed to come and go. I think we were watching Dexter when we noticed it. I flipped to other HD channels, some had the problem, others didn't. Back to Dexter and it seemed ok for a while, then out of whack again.

For all the money this stuff costs, this is maddening. I don't want to feel like I'm watching some poorly encoded DIVX avi from a usb stick.

My worst channel for this is showtime hd. Like watching a Godzilla movie.

I am having issues with a home theater I just put in. When I go through the Component cables to the TV the audio can be off a little but when I turn on the stereo the audio is a good half second off. What is weird is when you have the TV turned up the audio on the TV happens prior to the sound coming out of the receivers speakers. It is really annoying and enough to make me want to leave Dish.

I'm having this issue sometimes too, it appears to come and go, but I mostly have it on the SD channels, weird since I see most people complaining about this issue with the HD channels.

I have this sync issue with both HD and SD and sometimes during a movie the sound will drop off for a second or two and come back on. this will continue during the movie roughly every 10 minutes. I called them and of course they have never heard of it.

Dish alignment and signal strength will not affect audio/video sync problems. This is from the source. Today, I noticed it with the NBC golf while watching the announcers. For a split second you saw their mouths move and then the audio came.

Had trouble last night on Grey's Anatomy via the LIL. Switched over to my OTA input and things were fine the rest of the night. This isn't the first time we've had problems with the stations via the satellite. Everything has been checked and checked again on wiring, signal strength, etc., and it's not on my end.

is directv close to having these issues fixed? its starting to get to the point that things are unwatchable on any of the hd channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts