Audit Department HELL!

E REALLY NEEDS to have all boxes talk over the coax, if they dont see their friends no service. just one phone connection needed.

ideally one box with enough decoders for one box one home service.

if these are done audit department can be closed and people reassigned to profit making jobs:) rather than playing cop and pissing off paying subs.............

E REALLY NEEDS to have all boxes talk over the coax, if they dont see their friends no service. just one phone connection needed.

ideally one box with enough decoders for one box one home service.

if these are done audit department can be closed and people reassigned to profit making jobs:) rather than playing cop and pissing off paying subs.............

:( But playing cop and pissing off paying subs is fun....

I used to work for dish as an installer, it was normal for us to get account notes generaly for service / trouble calls so that we would have an idea as to what the problem could be based on when the customer called in and talked with tech support, this allowed us to get any specific parts we might need.

The tech support personel and or csr who take the call put in notes based on what the customer describes but they also will note the account if the customer becomes irate and vocaly hostile so that others are aware, it had helped me out several times in the past when I read that a customer was threatening to do one thing or another.

One of the last ones I dealt with told me when I showed up at his door at 4pm that I was supposed to be there at noon because he was promised a noon apointment and since I was late he was going to cancel and toss the gear out in the street for me to pick up. His account notes stated that he had requested a noon apointment and the csr told him that they could only garauntee a noon to five time frame. I notified my install manager and was told to go ahead and leave but the customer came out to my van and started in on me again at wich point I explained very clearly and calmly to him that if he wanted me to fix his system that that was what I was there to do however he said he was cancelling and my manager informed me to leave, I was not there to be his punching bag and that I would not take his equipment if he threw it out on the street because he technicly was leasing it and if he did that then he would have to deal with being charged for all of the equipment. After another five minutes of his spitting and posturing and blocking me from getting in my van I told him he had a choice that he either wanted me to leave or fix it and that it would take me an hour to relocate his dish 80ft ( thats all it was, a dish relocate because the trailer park didnt want them infront of the lots ), he changed his tune and went from being a raving nut to helping me get the job done and even had his 10 year son run three coax the length of a full size double wide underneath ( I slipped the kid a $20, its not his fault his dad was acting like that ) and I was done in 30 minutes, the next day I get called over by a manager and told the guy called in and gave me positive praise.

My, you have a whole bunch of patience...If anyone attempted to physically prevent me from leaving/ getting into my truck, they are going to be in a world of sh*t. Especially if they put their hands on me..If that happens, it's on...
Anyway, I have nevrer been treated as shabily as you were so I don't know what it's like. I have been in situations where a customer was irate but each time I was aboe to get them calmed down by letting them know I was there to help them..Of course if the cust tells me he's going to toss the EQ inot the street I would tell them, "that's your choice. Have a nice day".
botom line is this..In business all customers are not equal..That's just the way it is..

I had a customer get pissed and almost had me take the system out because I was going to charge him sales tax on the system I installed. He finally agreed to pay it. Boy did he have a temper and get upset. I ended up making friends with the guy and still friends with him for 4-5 years and got another two sales from him and got a computer repair job and in contact with the guy often and now wants internet service from me. Its funny how some people that give you the most trouble at first end up being some of your best customers. Its all about keeping your customers happy. This is not the case most of the time but you never know which one might end up being well worth it in the longrun.
Good job!!!!..People like that are pretty easy to calm down and reason with..I just use a pitch I once saw in a store..It said something to the effect that the store did not "charge "sales taxes..They are ordered by the state to collect sales tax on the state's behalf....

Here is what I did...........
2005 I moved from SE Tx to SE La and I guess that set off flags. Throughout the remainder of 2005 I got shut off 4 times. Five receivers shut off, my 83 year old uncle there and my wife there calling me at times on my cell phone to tell me it is shut off. No notice in the mail or a courtesy phone call that they were going to shut it off, just tripped the switch. In 2006 up until May when I annually renew I got shut off twice the same way. When I renewed, I went on the premise that lack of $ hurts Dish......MAYBE!!!!!.......I cut off all premiums channels, cut out 2 receivers down to three, cut out Sports programming, and here's what I think made the biggest impact.......I changed my Mastercard acct from my Debit card to my Credit Union Mastercard Charge card. Mastercard Customer Service told me that a debit card cannot be protested very easily successfully but a credit card can have the charges challenged and that 95% of the time they find in the Customers favor. I paid in 2006 annually with a credit card. It was shut off two weeks later. I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and carboncopied my credit card company the problem and said I would be authorizing my credit card company to challenge the charge. Dish CS called me within 4 hours and the problem was corrected and it hasn't been turned off since. Hmmmm????????
Could it be that protesting their charges makes them sit up and take notice. Hmmmmmmmmm???

Oh and don't get me started about Walmart exit greeters or checkers. For a good while I didn't mind them checking me going out Walmarts because I just would have 1 or 2 items. It has finally gotten bad enough that there will be just one exit greeters/checker wanting to see your receipts leaving.......only problem is just one at each exit and there are two exits. Approx 8-10 checkers feeding these two exits so there is always a line of 5 or 6 waiting for them to check their receipts. In Texas and Louisiana, ownership of the products change after I've given them my money and it's their responsibility to have enough people checking receipts without making us wait a second time. You wait to be checked out to pay so I don't wait the second time. If the line is more than one, I just keep walking out the door and don't stop. I've had security personel following me out wanting me to go back in holding in my hand the one item I bought, a can of WD-40, haha. Didn't go back in, they just need to get it together better than that.

Last edited:
2005 I moved from SE Tx to SE La and I guess that set off flags. Throughout the remainder of 2005 I got shut off 4 times. Five receivers shut off, my 83 year old uncle there and my wife there calling me at times on my cell phone to tell me it is shut off. No notice in the mail or a courtesy phone call that they were going to shut it off, just tripped the switch. In 2006 up until May when I annually renew I got shut off twice the same way. When I renewed, I went on the premise that lack of $ hurts Dish......MAYBE!!!!!.......I cut off all premiums channels, cut out 2 receivers down to three, cut out Sports programming, and here's what I think made the biggest impact.......I changed my Mastercard acct from my Debit card to my Credit Union Mastercard Charge card. Mastercard Customer Service told me that a debit card cannot be protested very easily successfully but a credit card can have the charges challenged and that 95% of the time they find in the Customers favor. I paid in 2006 annually with a credit card. It was shut off two weeks later. I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and carboncopied my credit card company the problem and said I would be authorizing my credit card company to challenge the charge. Dish CS called me within 4 hours and the problem was corrected and it hasn't been turned off since. Hmmmm????????
Could it be that protesting their charges makes them sit up and take notice. Hmmmmmmmmm???

Oh and don't get me started about Walmart exit greeters or checkers. For a good while I didn't mind them checking me going out Walmarts because I just would have 1 or 2 items. It has finally gotten bad enough that there will be just one exit greeters/checker wanting to see your receipts leaving.......only problem is just one at each exit and there are two exits. Approx 8-10 checkers feeding these two exits so there is always a line of 5 or 6 waiting for them to check their receipts. In Texas and Louisiana, ownership of the products change after I've given them my money and it's their responsibility to have enough people checking receipts without making us wait a second time. You wait to be checked out to pay so I don't wait the second time. If the line is more than one, I just keep walking out the door and don't stop. I've had security personel following me out wanting me to go back in holding in my hand the one item I bought, a can of WD-40, haha. Didn't go back in, they just need to get it together better than that.

If wallmart pulled a long line here I would very directly and loudly demand a complete refund. After having the store manager called. At most here its a spot check thing.

When complaining I ALWAYS SAY write your name, your district managers name and phone number, I am calling them.

Managers HATE that:)

If wallmart pulled a long line here I would very directly and loudly demand a complete refund. After having the store manager called. At most here its a spot check thing.

When complaining I ALWAYS SAY write your name, your district managers name and phone number, I am calling them.

Managers HATE that:)

I do that too. However, I haven't asked them to write it down.

I do that myself.

I haven't had that great of luck with it lately.

Call them back and ask them, at least, to give you some type of a credit maybe for all the inconviniences, .. or at least $6.50 credit for the cost of that fax that you HAD to send them :rolleyes:

Call them back and ask them, at least, to give you some type of a credit maybe for all the inconviniences, .. or at least $6.50 credit for the cost of that fax that you HAD to send them :rolleyes:

I've done that with other retailed with pretty good success.

10 years ago we purchased two bikes from a local retailer. We borrowed a vehicle to get them home. Both had problems. One needed to be returned.

I had to go through the return line. Fill out one of those slips. Added $25 for gas. The said I couldn't do that. I said I had to go through the trouble of borrowing a vehicle twice. I ALWAYS leave more gas in it than I found (I want to leave it in a better condition than I found it). $25 was more than justified.

And I got it too!

I just read this entire thread, it's a good one!!

After spending a month without 129 I dug a hole, planted a pole, and relocated the dish, something the contractors said would not work and would not do, and came in last night $100 poorer and with a sore back but with an 80 reading on 129/27 which is excellent for the PNW.

Then a half hour later I was busted by the audit team. I spent an hour with a truly adversarial individual on the telephone going over my account.

I have a 622 and a 501 at home and a 301 at our place in Horse Creek. I could not give them the info on the 301 so they disconnected it. When I turned it on a few weeks ago I told the CSR exactly what I was doing but apparently Echostar is a company with serious internal and external communication problems. Kind of ironic.

Well I really don't give a hoot about the 301 but the audit person told me that any upgrades would have to be done through Dish at $149 per call. I told him that their work here is subcontracted to a firm that has not delivered acceptable service and that I would rather deal with the local retailer. I was told that was not an option.

I should have just lied to them I suppose but there is no way I will ever let one of their contractors back on my property So I guess after ten years we will be kissing goodbye.

I will say this, your service is only as good as your hardware support, go through a reputable local retailer. When I switch it will be with a carefully researched retailer who does his own installs.

Last edited:
Another shining success for the Audit Nazi's. :rolleyes:

They immediately cost Dish $5 a month in revenue and in the long run lost a customer. Way to go guys....:no

NightRyder

Reading his account notes ( never read one yet where the csr could spell ) they definitely dont answer to anyone including the executive office. Ive heard before in the past that they are a seperate company and have also heard that they are a seperate company within echostar or like the asset protection department within walmart that only answers to its own management and the head guy and no one else at any location they are at.

Claude you really should contact fox2 news and wdiv 4 news, it would be great to have them in the halllll of shame wouldnt it? Take a look through youtube and you will find a few news clips about harrasing calls from dish. You might want to head up to the Auburn Hills office and talk to Mark ( will send you the full name ) the regional manager about this as well and be sure to tell him about not only you and your parents audit but the customers as well. Marks been with Dish for atleast 8 years if not 9.

Also find out all the personal information on the "Tom" guy you can, and post it on the internet. Give that same information to the TV news people. :evil grin:

Most audit issues such as these that get blown way out of proportions are a mix between so-so business practices, and a customer who feels whatever they want is a birthright.

You're right. How selfish of us. What an example of our entitlement society. I give a company money in exchange for services, I have no right to expect those services. I definently have no right to be treated with respect. What selfish people we've become. :dripping with sarcasm:

Exactly why I will NEVER do CC Autopay. If they screw up my bill (like my cell phone company did) and gleefully take the inflated amount out of my bank account, that might be my food money for that week, or a car payment. No sir, I will continue to write out checks for my cell phone and Satellite bills. If they already have our money, you have very little leverage to have erroneous charges reversed.