Audit Department HELL!

You're right. How selfish of us. What an example of our entitlement society. I give a company money in exchange for services, I have no right to expect those services. I definently have no right to be treated with respect. What selfish people we've become. :dripping with sarcasm:
Actually you hit it right on the head, we are a society that believes its entitled to what ever it wants whenever its wanted and we have to answer to no one. Your paying for a service to provide you payed television programming that you normaly would not get through off the air transmission and more recently the ability to save programming to a computer hard drive for later viewing. If you take one of the four receivers you have to the lake house and pay some joe schmoe to put up a dish and run lines then thats fine but if you didnt call up and ask the service provider about this then thats your fault for not researching and getting the facts before hand specialy when you get a call from an audit department.

There really isnt any other comparisons to be made to the above other than having a tether that requires you to be at home and tied to a phone. The only ones I hear complain about the audit department when it comes to the above are those who have done just as I stated, not called up and researched it properly before doing it. When I had service with dish before I had it on my account that I did not have a landline service at all and that I was totaly on a cellular platform. When I get installed here soon again it will be on the account that I have a VOIP line wich it seems to be hit or miss for the two to coexist. For the others who have had diferent issues all I can say is first things first get a tape recorder and atach it to the phone and tell the audit natzi that you'r recording them, this seems to be rather effective on taming them down somewhat. Make sure you have your paperwork in order and if your renting be prepared to send a copy of a rental permission form to a fax number.

Land lines

It will be interesting to see what transpires when phone service via the Internet or cellular becomes more widespread. I'm sure that Dish and all those providers that require a land line number on the account, will need a Plan B to establish a service address and keep a handle on where their receivers are actually located.

Van;967807 If you take one of the four receivers you have to the lake house and pay some joe schmoe to put up a dish and run lines then thats fine but if you didnt call up and ask the service provider about this then thats your fault for [/QUOTE said:
This is total BS. When I turned on my receiver at Horse Creek I told them exactly what I was doing. Two different CSR's. I was told no problem, extra $7.50 a month.

If Echostar had effective interdepartmental communications I'm sure a great majority of this would not happen.

If they did not maintain an adversarial attitude when they called it would be helpful.

Echostar is a company whose right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

Hmm then the csrs didnt note the account or put in the proper code, when ever you talk with a csr at any company always get the operator ID number or some other form of identification, this will help you out in the long run to dispute the he said this situation. Ive never met a company or agency that has good communications between its departments, and I agrea if the audit department would be more congenial then it might go better but then again they would also probably get walked all over and fail to do what they are set up to do wich is to catch account stackers and other such things.

Left Hand - It is ok to do it, go right on ahead.
Right Hand - No its not, you commited a crime, we are going to treat you like a criminal

This is total BS. When I turned on my receiver at Horse Creek I told them exactly what I was doing. Two different CSR's. I was told no problem, extra $7.50 a month.

If Echostar had effective interdepartmental communications I'm sure a great majority of this would not happen.

If they did not maintain an adversarial attitude when they called it would be helpful.

Echostar is a company whose right hand does not know what the left hand is doing.

I can vouch for that.:(

They first told me a utility bill for either phone, electric or gas and I told them I did not have it because it was included as part of my rent.

I offered them a cell phone bill and even a credit card statement but that was not good enough for them and thats why they requested my rental agreement.

I know their rules and I passed their stupid audit with flying colors, and then after everything looked good from my part they hit me with the requirement for the utility bill.

But here is why I got into a pissing match with them...

#1 They never called me first, my cell phone is listed as the primary number on the account which I have on me 24 hours per day. They should have had the common courtesty to call me, and give me atleast 24 hours to call them back to go through the audit before they start shutting my stuff down.

#2 I passed their audit with flying colors, and then they make up another reason to keep me shut down by asking for the utility bill or rental agreement. If the utility bill or rental agreement is what they wanted, why didn't they be upfront about it and ask for it first. They could not shut me down because I passed the audit, so they change the rules and start making up stuff as they go!

#3 Ok fine, they want a rental agreement. Turn my stuff back on and give me a few days to provide the required documentation. The stupid bitch supervisor I talked to was insistent that I had to fax the documentation first before she would work with me. All I asked for was to turn my stuff back on and give me a 3 day grace period to fax in the required documentation but that was not good enough for her.

#4 When I raised my voice to her the supervisor shut my service off without my concent, eventhough I was under an 18 month contract with them.

I actually emailed the CEO's office Saturday afternoon before all of this went down, so maybe they will get back with me on Monday.

But im just sick of it, its been 5 days of me dealing with these people. LEAVE ME ALONE!

BTW, the reason why they wanted the rental agreement is because they thought I was using the service at a commercial location.

Good news is that my girlfriend is going to finish moving to Detroit next week, and im going to be moving in with her and transfering the service to her address. It will have a phone line connection on both receivers and I'll also have another rental agreement and utility bill to back it up :)

My question is, If they shut your service down like that, does that mean you can tell them to "FO" and cancel and not be charged for ending your service before the 18 month contract is up?

They will probably tell you that YOU was the one that violated your contract by breaching your terms of service and telling YOU to pay up and that they will have their bigtime lawyers in court waiting on you.

In thery they can shut off all the boxes on your account except for the primary receiver which would not be a violation of the contract.

They did manage to shut my entire account down at the end when I got into a pissing match with them when I started reading the account notes back to them as they where entering them into CSG.

I did get it starightened around, and they haven't bothered me since May.

I realize that the local news might not be the way to go since it might hurt your direct sales. However, you could put the audio up on YouTube or Google Video and the fallout should be spread out nationwide instead of concentrated in your locale. It could also produce a greater impact. If you would like, you might send a link to the YouTube video to a TV station outside of your market where you are less likely to be affected. In fact, you could send it to some of the local stations that are owned by E*'s competitors. I'm sure they would love to beat on E* for a bit.

Has the audit department been on vacation or have they been at it just as much as ever? I do not hear as many complaints as I used to. Maybe they are too busy fighting off the hackers or trying to get their other problems fixed. They sure aint doing something right seeing that DirecTv got 250,000 additional subscribers while Dish Network only got 100,000 and a worse quarter than that most likely coming up for them.

I'm sure there there. The audit people actually shut down my account until I called them, and painfully went threw there lame check. I told them if they call again I will leave. They said it's because I hooked up my fax line,"a different number than my lan line". I told them that both numbers are on my phone bill and the number is off my only one digit. They didn't care and said that they will call again if that line is in that receiver. So I just unplugged the phone line and haven't herd from them for 18 months. And they are RUD MFO"S! Happy new year!!!!!!

If the "Audit Nazi's" ever call me again I'm gone, in fact there is a note in my account stating that. I even told the Exec. Customer Service rep that I filed a complaint with I would record the next call and give it to the local TV station for their Consumer Alert Segment. Not likely to get a repeat though, I only have 1 receiver now.:)

NightRyder

They did this to me once. That was all it took. We had 5 receivers 501/301/301/301/3700. It happened right as we were moving into a new home, I guess the address change triggered it. Well, two of the recievers hadn't been hooked up yet as one TV broke in the move and the other one we didn't bring with us as it was not economical since the TV was old and took up too much space on a cross-country move. We planned to buy a new one once we settled in. I also have not had landline phone service in several years as we just use the cellphones. They wanted to turn off the two I couldn't verify onscreen, I told them I would have them do no such thing. They said if we connected all of them to the same phone line, we wouldn't have any problems. So I told them they can buy the phone service and pay for all five phone jacks to be installed which would cost them around $200 install and $300 annually. I have no use for a landline so I wasn't about to pay for one just so they would quit aggravating me. I told them they could shove it up their posterior. Well, they shut it off and I called Comcast and they had an install the following day and at the time the satellite bounty was about $400 in programming credits.

A CSR from DISH called me a few days later to try and get me to come back. The only question I had was "where are the UPS boxes?" Absent of some contract promise from them that included a financial penalty for EVT ever calling me again or them providing me with dial tone connected to each receiver at their expense, I was not coming back.

I am since in Phoenix (ordeal was in Georgia), and just have plain Jane cable TV. It sucks but I watch less TV and they don't harass me. I would rather have DISH since I install it and know it thoroughly but I won't buy their services on account of that ordeal unless I can be assured it won't happen again and since I won't pay for dial tone, I would need a 722/222 to go the Homeplug route.

EDIT: We were AEP customers and had TEN/EXTACY. Add the ao fees and we were paying a good coin each month.

If it happened to me I would complain to get something free, if it didn't work, I'd put all my equip on ebay and switch to Directv with flying colors...screw dish, they get enough money from me already!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)