August - the Month of new HD?????

Chop-Chop said:
As far as I am concerned they should keep HGTV, Universal HD, and those Voom HD channels :p

I'm with you...I was ecstatic when they finally added UHD and I've gotten a lot out of the Voom suite of channels.

While I, of course, argue for quality, I wouldn't go slashing the HD offerings...there's plenty of SD garbage they could throw out and not undercut their big sales point of HD leader.

More HD--bring it on! Just get those MPEG-4 encoders tweaked.

All I care about is having Fox Sports HD. If I knew DirecTV was offering the channel before I signed with Dish, I probably would have gone with DirecTV. I hope we get Fox Sports HD by hockey season.

SALvation said:
All I care about is having Fox Sports HD. If I knew DirecTV was offering the channel before I signed with Dish, I probably would have gone with DirecTV. I hope we get Fox Sports HD by hockey season.

Assuming there is a hockey season... who knows they may all lock out again!

I agree with SAL. I would trade 6 or 7 of the current HD channels for Fox Sports in HD ( IF Fox will get the HD act together for college football...)

I emailed a guy at Fox SW to ask about HD and got zero response.

Suppose it is wishful thinking at best.

SALvation said:

I don't know is this is still available, but I have had NFL Ticket on D* Since '97. I don't have any of thier choice packages. I might be grandfatherd in. I have E* for Everything and D* for the additional two Phoenix locals they provide (CH 3. for football and baseball and the HD Fox Sport Channels). I pay for these ala cart. Might try to get that...that's what would be good about a merger, let the D* side concentrate on sports and the E* side concentrate on technology, movies and everyday programming. We still need.

Cinemax HD E/W
TMC HD E/W
Starz W
HBO W
SHOW W
Encore HD (if still around)
FOOD HD
MTV HD
Outdoor Channel 2 HD

Bring back doem Voom Movie Channels like
Vice HD
Gunslingers HD
Ha HA HD
Guy TV etc...

There are 12 that E* should give us, We could do without the E/W feeds with the DVR so that would be 8 more good channels.

They need to pile them on quick od D* will beet them to the punch and there will be no reason for a merger

Alright-
Everyone on here knows everything, especially Walt, and yeah Walt, I choose to boldface the thread titles...so ya know, you know best.

The attitudes on this board suck.

psumattDE said:
Alright-
Everyone on here knows everything, especially Walt, and yeah Walt, I choose to boldface the thread titles...so ya know, you know best.

The attitudes on this board suck.

don't let it get to ya. We all get a little too picky about things every now and then. I'm just as guilty of it my myself too, and I hardly ever post

NEOSG said:
don't let it get to ya. We all get a little too picky about things every now and then. I'm just as guilty of it my myself too, and I hardly ever post

What's too picky?

My original statement was simply that "without a question mark, the title was a bit misleading". Which is fairly nicely put (for me:D ).

Someone else then agreed about the question mark. It's really just a common protocol we've been using here for quite a while and it was civilly pointed out to him by two of us and the mod added the question marks.

Instead of just accepting that, the OP then posts some opaque defense of his original post, insisting it was not misleading and demands the question marks be removed.

So, in an effort to better educate him, I replied a little more specifically about why his OP was misleading. Now his last reply leads me to suspect he doesn't like being critiqued and may even be a little upset with me personally. Where was I picky?

Tom Bombadil said:
I don't think any of Rachael's shows are being recorded in HD.

No, her show is not. But I know my wife watches Paula's Home Cooking, Barefoot Contessa, Everyday Italian, and I don't even mind watching Boy Meets Grill, and BBQ with Bobby Flay and some of the nighttime shows aren't bad. I know this channel will make my wife very happy.

August 2nd and new HD channel? What is it? And as for the FOOD channel in HD....WHY???!!!!!!??????? Most people who watch the food channel are in the kitchen and trying some of the stuff out. I don't know many people who have an HD tv in the kitchen....so again.....WHY?????

J_slimz said:
August 2nd and new HD channel? What is it? And as for the FOOD channel in HD....WHY???!!!!!!??????? Most people who watch the food channel are in the kitchen and trying some of the stuff out. I don't know many people who have an HD tv in the kitchen....so again.....WHY?????

FOOD HD has been uplinked but is unavailable as of right now!

J_slimz said:

Well my 62" HD is in the family room, but in full HD VIEW of the Kitchen, and we do watch FoodTv all the time, so FoodTV HD will be very welcome in our house.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)