HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
August Software Release Details

• YouTube kids will be available on Hopper 3
    • Look for the YouTube kids tile in the Menu or find it in the EPG!
    • YouTube kids on the Hopper w/ Sling was launched in July
  • Netflix reliability improvements
  • Gamefinder performance improvements
August Software Versions

Hopper 3 U522
Hopper w/ Sling U705
Hopper U133
Hopper Duo U614
Wally U441

August Software Versions

Hopper 3 U522
Hopper w/ Sling U705
Hopper U133
Hopper Duo U614
Wally U441
Thanks

August Software Versions

Hopper 3 U522

When I try to upgrade my H3, I get the "Your receiver has the latest software installed SWID U521" Can or should I force it somehow or just wait for Dish to send it my way?

August Software Versions

Hopper 3 U522
Hopper w/ Sling U705
Hopper U133
Hopper Duo U614
Wally U441

more it to the apps sections also too so that way it is easy for us who use apps :)
plus youtube app is alot faster you have to log back in to your youtube app using your phone or your computer again.

Reactions: Chuck Summers
When I try to upgrade my H3, I get the "Your receiver has the latest software installed SWID U521" Can or should I force it somehow or just wait for Dish to send it my way?
Just click on Update and OK and leave the receiver alone for 30 minutes, meaning, do not even touch the remote. The screen saver will return after a few minutes, but do not mess with the remote. After it sets for a few minutes, it will start downloading the update, but not if you touch the remote. Patience Grass hopper.:shh

Just click on Update and OK and leave the receiver alone for 30 minutes, meaning, do not even touch the remote. The screen saver will return after a few minutes, but do not mess with the remote. After it sets for a few minutes, it will start downloading the update, but not if you touch the remote. Patience Grass hopper.:shh

That brings back memories. I had recently been discharged from the Marine Corps (1972) I spent a few months living with my parents. The series Kung Fu became one of my still to this day favorite all time series.

I’ll try your suggestion later on. When the screen saver appeared it said to hit select to watch TV. I assumed that meant it was done. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: jerryez
We got 522 on our H3 at 1am on the 31st. I just now heard my wife swear from the living room because Netflix refused to start 3 times in a row. The Netflix logo shows up, but audio from the program that was playing continues. It requires a reset to get things back.

We got 522 on our H3 at 1am on the 31st. I just now heard my wife swear from the living room because Netflix refused to start 3 times in a row. The Netflix logo shows up, but audio from the program that was playing continues. It requires a reset to get things back.
The Netflix issue is ongoing. I'm still curious about if it's Dish that develops the Netflix app for the Hoppers or is it Netflix that builds it

I got the U522 update on 8-30-18 at 1:52pm and since then have not had anymore signal popups on the ota locals.
Is it fixed? Time will tell but I had signal loss every day before.

This is what’s showing on my hopper3 TV for the last 45 minutes. Does that mean it’s still downloading or I can watch TV?
842AF632-AEE1-46A6-84B5-412A95F33087.jpeg

Reactions: charlesrshell
I waited a full hour...Still on U521 8/8/2018

NOT--> My lucky day!
View attachment 134758
Did it actually go into update mode or tell you that you have the latest software. I know a work around, but you may not like it. Do a partial reset - leave it in standby for 30 mins, then try the Update Software again. This is how I've had to update all my Hopper 2's and 3's that I'm pre-downloading at home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)