Authorization problems with SWM?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

j.stouder

Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
Norfolk, VA
I installed the SWM-8 two weeks ago and I attempted to order a PPV movie yesterday. The receiver would not show the movie. I called a CSR and they authorized all receivers in the house to receive the movie, and no receiver recognized that I was authorized to watch the movie. Today, I upgraded my package to get Priemier. Now I no longer get any channels (other than OTA) in HD where I was able to get them through Choice Plus. I have talked with several CSR's and have reset the HR20-700 three times and I am still unable to get any HD channel with a message of 'channel not purchased', though the CSR's have forced it numerous times. My question is, the only thing I have changed to my setup is the SWM-8 (and removed the B-Band) and I wanted to know if there has been any history of this or is this a fluke? My exact setup is below. It apears to be some sort of authorization issue. Thanks.....

Slimline + UHF antenna to SWM-8
SWM-8 to LR
Channel Master 4001 diplexer to HR20-700 (FTM connection, no B-Band)

Three legacy recievers to D11's

Wow, I have no idea on that one.

I've had SWM for several months now (6-8 or so) and have watched PPV and premium channels, never seen anything like that.

Sorry I don't think it's related to the SWM. You could try putting your old switch back in and see if the problem repeats?

I reconnected the old multiswitch and put back the B-Band filters and my HD channels came back. Once I got the HD channels back, I reconnected the SWM and all is well. I must have hooked up something wrong on my end. I really like the SWM and, even though I know that diplexing is not officially supported, I am finally getting my locals OTA in HD again! Thanks for your help....

I didn't know you had other HD channels missing too, that would explain more. I'd guess you had one of the four cables not in properly or not tight or something.

Glad it's working now, enjoy single wire...

Status
Please reply by conversation.