Auto Carryout dish antenna causes Less stress

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

daveh505@comcast.net

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 18, 2008
Las Cruces NM
I have recently acquired an auto aiming carryout dish antenna. My wife is almost an anti TV person and could care less about tv watching in the RV. If it were up to her we would have no TV at all. She is happy with her KINDLE. In the past one of the sources of extreme frustration and ill will between us was the Dish antenna setup. Even though I used remote walkie talkies to hear the signal strength tone it would still take me the better part of 2 to 3 hours to aim the dish. During that time the stress would build and set the tone for the whole trip.
Last weekend we took a short trip to the Gila Wilderness (Silver City NM) and stayed in a very nice RV Park. WE arrived after dark and after parking and hooking up water and electrics I broke out the carryout and put it on top of the Rv. I hooked up the coax and electrics, went inside, turned on the reciever, went outside and connected the 12V electrics. Within 15 min we were sitting at the table eating our dinner while watching TV. Very little stress and no strain made for a nice time.
Our relationship ON THIS TRIP WAS STRESS FREE.

I hope this helps somone else make a decision to take some stress out of thier lives.

seems the gm-1518 is more money than the tailgator, glad you got a deal because I have seen them in action and they work real nice....

I too have a Winegard Carryout 1518 and a 211K receiver but can not seem to get the SW 64 switch to install. Tried several times today and it just would not work. Went through the test at least 6 times. Followed the step by step directions but nothing. Anyone else have this problem? Both receiver and Carryout are new.

Any problems that I had in setup were solved with a phone call to Winegard CS 800-288-8094 M-F 07;30AM to 6:00 PM CST, Sat 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM CST
You will speak to a person that is knowledgable in the ways of how the Carryout 1518 interacts with the 211K dish reciever.
Dish CS can't help you because thier cheat sheets are not written with a carryout in mind, chances are they dont know anything about the interaction between a 1518 caryout dish antenna and the 211K reciever.

I have a Tailgater and I must say it is an amazing piece of technology. Right now we are camped with or RV in the forests of Northwest Wisconsin, the Tailgater is able to lock on to 110, 119 and 129. This is such a GREAT change from old tripod and Dish 500 setup. I would like to suggest a seprate area for all to learn about the Tailgater it would be a great learning tool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)