Auto Hop missing shows

Auto Hop worked on every channel last night for me, except, ABC programming. I'm in an owned and operated ABC area so that is normal....

My recording of last night's America's Got Talent has auto hop enabled. Hotel Hell from Monday night, no auto hop. Here's a question for the globe, does anybody see Hotel Hell with auto hop?

I went thru 20 programs on my HWS and Hotel Hell was the only one that did not have auto hop, except for the local fox news at 9PM(which I assume would not have auto hop.)

All of my PTAT shows from the last week "hop". Never a problem here.

Isn't the auto-hop info downloaded overnight? What happens all the tuners are in use at download time? Also, I believe I've had problems if a show is transferred to the EHD before the auto-hop download.

Didn't one network force a longer delay (ABC? 3 Days?)

Yes the new contract with ABC for O&O stations has a 3 day delay I believe. I record Rookie Blue and get autohop every week.

Occasionally I will get a program that is marked as autohop but doesn't autohop for the entire recording. It's obvious that they missed some of the commercials.

Isn't the auto-hop info downloaded overnight? What happens all the tuners are in use at download time? Also, I believe I've had problems if a show is transferred to the EHD before the auto-hop download.
Heh, I wonder if this is one reason Dish doesn't (currently) allow users to select the update time ? If a customer keeps deferring the update, they probably won't get the AutoHop data and then they'll complain that AutoHop isn't working !!

To your question, yes, the info is sent overnight. When ? No one knows for sure.... Dish does say that AutoHop (for shows recorded that night) itself isn't enabled until after 1am (I believe that's actually 1am CST too). It doesn't have to be part of the 'main' update.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts