AutoHop is Missing from ABC and NBC, CBS is Okay

Rolan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2015
Western Arc
Hello,

Last Thursday I had the Hopper record "Holey Molly" on ABC and "Celebrity Escape Room" on NBC. Then on Friday the repeat of "Celebrity Escape Room" was recorded due to the event incorrectly marked as new. This was followed on Sunday (yesterday) with "America's Funniest Home Videos" on ABC. In total, two ABC and two NBC recordings. It is my understanding the following is true:

ABC - 4th day after air date (Only applies to ABC O&O stations)
CBS - 8th day after air date
Fox - Next day after air date
NBC - Next day after air date
Typically both ABC and NBC recordings receive their AutoHop marsupial indicator the next morning, as our ABC is not O&O. As of a couple minutes ago, none of the four recordings have received their AutoHop marsupial. In contrast, the 60 Minutes recording from May 17th did received the AutoHop marsupial early this morning. So, AutoHop is missing from ABC and NBC, CBS is okay.

Would someone please confirm whether AutoHop is working on ABC and NBC?

Last edited:
That thread seems to suggest the issue is related to a Hopper 3 and the latest software update. However, I have a Hopper w/Sling and I'm not using the latest software. In fact, the software has not changed in the time between functioning AutoHop on ABC and NBC and non-functioning AutoHop on ABC and NBC. The other thing the thread suggests is all AutoHop functionality would be missing. Unlike ABC and NBC, I'm not experiencing any issues with AutoHop on CBS. Based on that I get the impression it's either the creation of the AutoHop data, or the delivery of that data, or both.

Thank you for the reply.

Reactions: charlesrshell
That thread seems to suggest the issue is related to a Hopper 3 and the latest software update. However, I have a Hopper w/Sling and I'm not using the latest software. In fact, the software has not changed in the time between functioning AutoHop on ABC and NBC and non-functioning AutoHop on ABC and NBC. The other thing the thread suggests is all AutoHop functionality would be missing. Unlike ABC and NBC, I'm not experiencing any issues with AutoHop on CBS. Based on that I get the impression it's either the creation of the AutoHop data, or the delivery of that data, or both.

Thank you for the reply.
My thought was that the CBS AutoHop is still working properly (for now) because those shows aired last week. So, the AutoHop data could have been programmed at that time (before the glitch started) and is just now showing up due to the usual one-week delay. Shows that aired after that time (such as the more recent recordings from ABC and NBC) would be affected by the glitch.

My Hopper 3 next day AutoHop is working now for yesterday's NBC and ABC.

Thanks for the heads-up. I wanted to wait to reply until my Hopper recorded the next AutoHop opportunity and I can confirm that last night's "Holey Molly" on ABC received the AutoHop marsupial around 3:30am this morning. This also confirms the issue had nothing to do with the revision of Hopper hardware or version of Hopper software as neither changed on my side.

Thanks everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)