Autohop only working on two network channels?

eclipse01

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
WI
Anyone know why the autohope feature would be working on CBS and NBC but not Fox and ABC?

I have been writing in another thread that since November 8 neither of my Hoppers were working on those channels. Someone else had problems and said they were fixed, but I think this was on top of their problems. It just seems to be the La Crosse-Eau Claire DMA where anyone has complained. On that Friday through Sunday, my Hopper that had PTAT enabled recorded 0 minute recordings for all programs on those channels (Fox 25-WLAX and ABC-WXOW) and didn't record other timers for those channels either. I cold-booted both Hoppers, disabled PTAT on both and then re-enabled it on both, and now get recordings and PTAT for all channels, but no auto-hop on ABC or FOX.

I got used to auto-hop very quickly and would LOVE to have it back. Any suggestions or can DIRT intervene??

I also had a few 0 length recordings, and its great knowing that other people in my area are having the same problem. Hope it gets fixed/updated soon.

This issue should be fixed for the La Crosse area. Autohop should now be working for you beginning on tommorw's events. Can you please check back with us tomorrow?

This issue should be fixed for the La Crosse area. Autohop should now be working for you beginning on tommorw's events. Can you please check back with us tomorrow?

Autohop isn't working for Fox or NBC in Phoenix either. I just got the HWS and a Joey installed on the 13th.

Last edited:
Is it not recording on any events from those networks? Is it working on ABC and CBS?

It works on ABC and CBS, but not on Fox and NBC. You are talking Autohop right?

EDIT: Just looked at last night's recordings and it worked for NBC, but not Fox now? :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
Mostly a winner here last night, Zach. All but one show recorded via PTAT has auto-hop enabled. The one show that didn't was the 9:30 show on FOX 25--TMZ. I rarely watch that but wanted to point it out in case whatever fix was applied can be tweaked. Thanks, Zach! I guess Phoenix needs help now.

I would try disabling and re-enabling PTAT again to see if that fixes it. That's odd that only FOX is having the problem now.

Well, interesting results tonight. I disabled and re-enabled PTAT and Autohop didn't work at all on any channels? Was there a problem with everyone or just me?

EDIT: Now it just got weirder. Woke up this morning, turned on the TV and all of last night's PTAT's had the kangaroo on the shows. LOL

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)