Automatic move to recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

US Grant

Original poster
Nov 13, 2022
Raleigh, nc
I am new to Dish and the hopper dvr, please some, explain this issue:
As I am watching (live) TV and watching a show that I happened to have recorded, if I should pause live TV my hopper unknowingly sends me to the recording and if I should pause and then finish the show I need to back to (live) and the result is I have lost the next show due to it has no live TV saved up. Hope I made senses.

With Dish receivers if you are watching a live show and switch to a recording or another channel, unfortunately you loose the buffer for the live show. If you need to switch, just begin recording the live show, switch to the recording to watch, then when you want to continue the live show switch to the recording you made of it.

With Dish receivers if you are watching a live show and switch to a recording or another channel, unfortunately you loose the buffer for the live show. If you need to switch, just begin recording the live show, switch to the recording to watch, then when you want to continue the live show switch to the recording you made of it.
Thankyou but
My issue it that the hopper switched to the recording on its own by just pausing on live TV.

It seems to me that the program you are watching live is also being recorded which could explain the behavior of your hopper. I haven't experienced my Hopper 3 jumping to a previously recorded program when watching live TV and pressing pause. If you are watching and recording a program and you want to watch the following program, you should plan ahead and set it to record also rather than rely on the live buffer.