Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cascade

Goose.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2004
37.134004N 76.561779W
The weather's getting cooler and a few leaves have been dropping off the branch that stops me from getting more than 1 transponder off Telstar 6.
So instead of 6 or so encrypted HDTV* channels, I can watch IRS Channel 1, some Bloomberg and a couple of other channels :)

Bring on the cold.

*I knew they were HomeDepot, honest.

You mean to say you haven't pointed your leaf blower up at the trees yet? Might have to set it to its highest power.

Man that IRS Network, that's some compelling content on there. A couple weeks ago their powerpoint crashed and you got a whole weekend of staring at someone's Windows desktop (with of course the value added time ticker at the bottom).

On our local cable system here, they feed a local access channel of a Windows machine, and there is several weekends where we have been treated to the BSOD.

Funny stuff.

BTW: What are the encrypted HDTV channels?

I only found out a few weeks ago too! I was telling people about all the HD on IA6, a few more weeks and it will be your favourite satellite.

Man, I wish I could take them down. If we owned the house I'd trim them back a few hundred feet.
We still have 6 months or so left on the lease - I can't wait to find somewhere that has a clear view, and less mosquitoes.

Until then I'm praying for tornadoes.

Cascade said:
Man, I wish I could take them down. If we owned the house I'd trim them back a few hundred feet.
We still have 6 months or so left on the lease - I can't wait to find somewhere that has a clear view, and less mosquitoes.

Until then I'm praying for tornadoes.

You don't need to cut them down; you just need to kill them. There are many ways to make it look like a natural death.

Uhmm...

As much as I love my hobby I don't think I could let myself kill 3 or 4 trees that are over 100 years old.

I think I'll let nature take its course and wait for the leaves to fall.

I dunno if they're strong enough to get through what's left of the branch, the transponders I do get now fluctuate a lot when the wind blows.

I'm looking at another LNB, I think mine's on its way out as it seems to have probs locking onto some signals and seems to fall over at switching between H/V.
A slightly bigger dish would be nice if I can find something to put on my motor that doesn't cost a mortgage to ship.

Any suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)