Availability of Telstar I4 63.0W re Canada?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
I live in Winnipeg, Canada about 150 miles north of Grand Forks, North Dakota and am having trouble picking up anything on 63.0W ie. SCETV (PBS) on KU Band. I was able to pick up the NBC feeds on KU Band on 72.0W, as well as Satellite 55.5W on C Band. Does anyone know if the footprint for 63.0W reaches this far North?

its weaker but i have no problems locking with a 1m channel master in eastern sk. check the list as the sr's have changed recently.

crackt out,.

I'm between you and Grand Forks, sort of. I tried with a .7 meter, nothing. As soon as I get another 1.2 meter I plan on trying again. According to the footprint maps I've seen for this bird, we are in the fringe area. No hurry tho, as R-G is on AMC 21. IF she don't find ya handsome ------

Barely get 63W here in Arkansas, with a 90cm....

It is definately not a strong signal, but Igenerally lock it fine with my 90CM.... most of the time.... however I suspect that time might be an issue. Ie I've watched the SCETV channels all afternoon at times last spring with no problems, then suddenly I'd lose it in the late afternoon.
Probably just my imagination, but it almost seems like they might cut their power a bit when schools aren't in session, which also may be an issue during the summer. I'm locking it fine right now though.
Also, I wonder if the reason some people here aren't getting it is because the parameters for the main SCETV feed listed in both your THELIST and in Lyngsat don't seem to be correct. I'd suggest doing a blind search on the sat, and it might show up with the correct numbers. The 2nd feed with only one channel does seem to be too weak or possibly gone for me.

It is definately not a strong signal, but Igenerally lock it fine with my 90CM.... most of the time.... however I suspect that time might be an issue. Ie I've watched the SCETV channels all afternoon at times last spring with no problems, then suddenly I'd lose it in the late afternoon.
Probably just my imagination, but it almost seems like they might cut their power a bit when schools aren't in session, which also may be an issue during the summer. I'm locking it fine right now though.
Also, I wonder if the reason some people here aren't getting it is because the parameters for the main SCETV feed listed in both your THELIST and in Lyngsat don't seem to be correct. I'd suggest doing a blind search on the sat, and it might show up with the correct numbers. The 2nd feed with only one channel does seem to be too weak or possibly gone for me.

Thanks guys & B.J. you may have a good point, last time I tried for 63.0W was late at night. I'll try for it again on my 12 Footer during the day. Also I was wondering if my Mesh dish was part of the problem but on the East side Satellites I've had good success with KU Band, and C Band works well with this Dish from 55.5W all the way across to 137.0W on the West Side. If Brotherhood is able to receive 63.0W way North of me (more than 500 miles) up in Thompson, Manitoba with a 4 Ft Dish, you would think I should be able to pull it in here in Winnipeg, Manitoba with my 12 Footer.

I have had it several times on my 26x36 sc dish with sc LNB.It's a bit tricky to get and is sensitive to weather.I didn't watch it much so can't really say,but I'm in northern Nova Scotia,close to N.B.(I have only 2 KU dishes functional due to construction.)I remember not getting any channels on the weekend.I figured it was only operational during week days,being feeds??

I finally got 63.0W.

Picked up 5 channels - 301 to 305 - S = 60 Q = 25 - 35. Not the greatest Quality but at least I can pick it up. Had the wrong Tps which Mike Kohl has now corrected to V 11960 / 4585 (which he previously had at 11280). Also needs updating on The List from 11280 to 4585. Also thanks to Tanka for the Tip in another Post on 63.0W.

Glad ya got it.I'll be glad when I can reaim my dishes for more channels.

Thanks trommy, I have used the Stab HH 120 Motor for my 1 meter dish and it worked well, & is very easy to set up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts